• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

One good thing about getting older 👍

I turned 65 this week and I just bought my last Georgia hunting and fishing license. Yahoo. Not a bad deal 70.00 for life time sportsman license
Remember to check with you County tax assor, many county in Georgia drop School tax on property owners at 65. They don't do it automatically, you have to go in person and request it..School tax is a mighty large part of your property tax..I have been saving close to 2k a year...

Remember to check with you County tax assor, many county in Georgia drop School tax on property owners at 65. They don't do it automatically, you have to go in person and request it..School tax is a mighty large part of your property tax..I have been saving close to 2k a year...
Actually my county drops school tax at 62. Been enjoying that for a while now. I have 35 acres in conservation and with loss of school taxes my property taxes this year total were 770.00. Of course been in my house 42 years but I can live with taxes like that

Actually my county drops school tax at 62. Been enjoying that for a while now. I have 35 acres in conservation and with loss of school taxes my property taxes this year total were 770.00. Of course been in my house 42 years but I can live with taxes like that
Plus Governor Kemp give a break this year too, just paid mine and it was half of what it was last year.

Back
Top Bottom