• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

OA requested to see NFA stamp

I certainly don't see any RO asking for GWL from those carrying concealed weapons while at the range. Wouldn't that essentially be the same thing? Just checking to see that they aren't concealing the weapon illegally.
If it's private property and the owners allow CC on that property, then you don't need to have a GWL at all.

Hey @biker_bill, what's your range's rules on pistol braces? If you saw someone shoulder one (which would magically turn a pistol into an SBR) would you ask them for their paperwork or ask them to leave? Would you call the ATF if they didn't have paperwork or admitted it was a pistol?
I didn't want to go there because I felt like I would be piling on....but that is the next step, isn't it? If you are checking, aren't you being negligent in not reporting?

for me, it depends on how I'm asked. If the guy explains that it's range policy to verify that the shooter with NFA has his paperwork for the item, and he need a quick peek, I'd probably show him- no issue. If he's a tool and demands to see it. I'd tell him I'm not showing him siht and wouldn't be back.

but then I don't shoot in ranges much.

I'm throwing my rights away and I need to make sure I've got a valid GWL to CC in my yard.
Nobody is saying that....what you did say, though, was that a private property owner could "allow" concealed carry and no one needed a GWL...and that's just not true.

I'm not busting balls for fun; I'm just interested in making sure the truth is being told...and that people frequent places that respect their rights.

Back
Top Bottom