• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

OA requested to see NFA stamp

I see people saying that its there right to ask and that they would have just showed them. I wonder how many of those same people will see a NO guns allowed sign at a private business establishment and go put their carry gun in the car and go into the building? :rolleyes:

But bud your in somebody else's house.
I don't pay attention to those signs either.

But I never AGREED to play by their rules.
When you AGREE to something, that's your word, as a man you do as you say.

This. You should have asked him to show you his ATF, or other LEA badge first. A business has no legal exposure to someone operating an "illegal" weapon on their range. He was just being a nosy dick. I'd at least send an email or letter to AO management that their wannabeagentincharge nearly lost them a customer.
This

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160606_87605c9f3143eabf1850cde16269d7f5.jpg

NFA Rules: Paperwork with the NFA item. The rules are clear when you play in that arena.

Litigation/Legal Exposure: Anyone can sue for almost anything. If you're at my range with what appears to be an NFA item, I'm going to do my due diligence to try to reduce my exposure.

The bottom line is that no RO is going to be trained to assess the legality of NFA paperwork and no legal way of "officially' checking the legitimacy so looking at it is is actually a complete waste of time from any business aspect. It's just a personal preference of the range owner to create a deterrent IMO. I guess if you really want to shoot that day then you cough it up or pack up your crap.

You're not "in somebody else's house" when you go into Costco?

You absolutely did. Your presence in their store is evidence of your agreement.

Its a stupid rule.

Your JOB is to run a safe range, not do the ATF's job for them.

NFA Rules: Paperwork with the NFA item. The rules are clear when you play in that arena.
This is 100% untrue. You have ZERO obligation to keep any "paperwork" with any "NFA item." It's just not true.

Litigation/Legal Exposure: Anyone can sue for almost anything. If you're at my range with what appears to be an NFA item, I'm going to do my due diligence to try to reduce my exposure.
But you have no exposure to begin with....at least no more than you do if you have a felon shooting is 10-22 on lane 3.

Also, where is "your range" so I can be sure never to visit it?

The bottom line is that no RO is going to be trained to assess the legality of NFA paperwork and no legal way of "officially' checking the legitimacy so looking at it is is actually a complete waste of time from any business aspect. It's just a personal preference of the range owner to create a deterrent IMO.

Mostly its a bit of ass covering to make sure that their range doesn't become known as a place where NFA violators play with their illicit toys. Having ATF raids hauling customers out in handcuffs is probably bad for business. Thats about the only valid reason for such a policy. But its kinda chicken ****. A range should respect its members enough to treat them like adults.

If are a member to of a club that has signed and acknowledged specific rules that different but thats not the experience of the OP with this particular range and I know of the other couple of ranges I've gone to on this side of town you don't have to sign a waiver or acknowledgement of any of the range rules.

Back
Top Bottom