• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New guy needs help/advice with search

Sorry to hijack your thread Blade, but I'm intrigued with the conversation. Hypothetically ...If said wife possessed a carry permit before /during said husbands incarceration , would she have to relinquish this right upon his return home?

No, except in the home she shares with her (felon)husband.

I have known of police LEOs that could carry anywhere except for their own home.

I agree with RamRoc that there maybe should be exceptions for some no violent felons...
Hard call though, the only way they catch some mafia bosses are tax evasion. Even though they know the bosses are guilty of murder, they cannot always prove it.

Thanks for your insight Lax. It's a crazy world we live in. Seems to be a lot easier to loose than attain the rights that should be naturally given.

No, except in the home she shares with her (felon)husband.

I have known of police LEOs that could carry anywhere except for their own home.

I agree with RamRoc that there maybe should be exceptions for some no violent felons...
Hard call though, the only way they catch some mafia bosses are tax evasion. Even though they know the bosses are guilty of murder, they cannot always prove it.
So a LEO, that is supposed to protect me, doesn't have the right to defend himself in his own home? Probably his most vulnerable location. Go figure.

Hello to all,
I'm new to the site, and guns for that matter. I am a felon.
Caught breaking fed law, tried in fed court, and served fed time.
It has been over a decade since my full release.
I have used the search engine and all these posts lead to no answers for me.
As my name states, Bladerunner, i am forced to resort to archery and "edged" weapons for
hunting and self defense. Yeah, i know, stupid to bring a knife to a gun fight.
I need help in an explanation of the legislature of the 2nd where i can be armed in my hom
Am i misunderstanding it? If i cant buy one, how can i have one in my home?

That is only in Texas and that's after 5 years I believe being in 0 trouble. But you can not carry it or bring it to a range only keep it in your home. You can always join the NRA and gacarry.org and see if they can do anything for you

Back
Top Bottom