• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New guy needs help/advice with search

All correct and more. Legislation is written, this much i know, i am not susposed to have ammo.
I cannot be in a vehicle with firearms, even if it is locked in the trunk.
Holding a firearm can get me about 5 or 6 years, if caught by ATF, of course.
As far as blades go, it says 5"? I think. I only have but one that small. Various throwing blades, but most are 7".
So, does that mean i cant carry those? I carry a Gill Hibbens Hornet between my seats, that blade is WAY longer tjan 5".
My Pantera is in my other vehicle,( Pantera is a.brass knuckle meets Wolverine looking weapon.)
I feel about my blades as some of you feel about guns. But it would be nice for my wife to have someh

What about black powder rifles/ pistols? I know you dont need to fill out a 4473 to buy them. If that is a no-go, I'd stick to a crossbow, or compound bow. You might want to look at a cold steel shambok, I've been hit by one and it took the fight right out of me.

I'm not too sure about that. Once again, their meaning of firearm is, a device which discharges a projectile by means of an explosion.
So, yes i have compounds. Lookin into crossbows, not a big fan of those though.
So, how could my wife have a gun? Is there some loophole that she could get a carry permit, and have a pistol, and me not go to prison?
I would so love not to go to prison.

What about black powder rifles/ pistols? I know you dont need to fill out a 4473 to buy them. If that is a no-go, I'd stick to a crossbow, or compound bow. You might want to look at a cold steel shambok, I've been hit by one and it took the fight right out of me.

No on the blackpowder weapons.

You can have your rights restored in theory, there is supposed to be a process to go through, but it has no funding behind it, therefore, no one gets their rights restored.

you having served federal time, Thats going to be REALLY tough to get those rights restored. I had a friend who tried to for many years. No go. No projectile weapons of any kind. I would not even risk it or bother with it. I heard of people who commited a felony on the state level getting rights restored... never on the federal level.

Last edited:
Laxguy's link is very informative. The take home message in my opinion is (from the link) "It's not 'felons' that we should be concerned about getting hold of guns. It's violent criminals," he said. "If someone is a convicted felon because they wrote bad checks or got in trouble with the IRS, which is pretty easy to do, they shouldn't be deprived of their right to defend themselves."

It is often far too easy to deprived of your rights, simply spank your child in the wrong locale with the wrong court and you now no longer have a second amendment right from a simple misdemeanor conviction

The problem is perception is that once a criminal always a criminal. Prison is meant to rehabilitate those capable or incarcerate those who aren't. However there is a high recidivism rate. Those who return to walk the honest path are far too often the exception. You would have to prove yourself. How? 10-20 years of a crime free past. Continued community service helps as well as honest folks who will speak on your behalf as a honest citizen. Being a constant upstanding (supporting) member of your community is important. You most likely will need quantified support not just fluff and buff.

Always and never are two words I have learned to avoid. Commitment and perseverance have always been critical to any challenging endeavor. Also it's not just about your second amendment rights but more importantly your voting rights. Knowing someone in politics or cultivating a relationship while at first may not change your current situation may fruit years later if you persist.

You however are key to changing your status. Conviction can be helpful dependent on application.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom