• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

My Latest Project

I like the bead blasting idea as well. It supports a combat handgun theme I think you have going on here. It's shaping up mighty nicely there Wheeler.

Well if you needed blasted I would be more than happy to help. Of course I'm about as far away from you as I can get and be in the same state

I know. Too durn far to drive for sure. I think I might have a source s little closer. I saw a blasting setup at Tractor Supply a couple PF weeks ago that looks to be setup for sand blasting. Can I use one of those for bead blasting? I'm looking towards the future, not specifically for this project.

I wouldn't see why not. I've worked at a parts store with a machine shop, an airport and now a motorcycle shop. All three have had bead blast machines. Sure you could find a guy willing to help you out for lunch or something.

I know. Too durn far to drive for sure. I think I might have a source s little closer. I saw a blasting setup at Tractor Supply a couple PF weeks ago that looks to be setup for sand blasting. Can I use one of those for bead blasting? I'm looking towards the future, not specifically for this project.

Just have to make sure the tip on the gun is large enough for the media you want to use.

I've got a media blasted Smith in the shop right now if you'd like to come by and take a look at it. I'll even let you use the cabinet if you want to go this route. If interested just send a PM

Most small airports have a bead blaster and lots of gun friendly mechanics. You might be able to get some aluminum to make padded jaws for your vise, as well.

Back
Top Bottom