• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

My Latest Project

I don't have anything to add, I just want to keep up with the progress. BTW, you realize I don't normally go to the GunSmithing section of ODT! I am only here because I want to watch you succeed at the task at hand. So far, so good.

DITTO!!
I'm such a klutz that I thoroughly enjoy seeing someone succeed where I know that I would fail miserably!

Headhunter came by yesterday to work on another project. He was kind enough to bring his Moto-Tool with an assortment of drum sanders, cut-off wheels and stones as well as a cylinder chamfering tool. Here's a few action shots of the hammer.

Here is the finished hammer.

Cleaning up the hammer was relatively simple as it is a flat surface. The trigger was a bit more challenging but turned out nice in the end.

Here's a shot of the chamfered cylinder.

One of the chapters in Nonte's PISTOLSMITHING talks about customizing tools for specific tasks. I discovered the need for this when attempting to put the hand assembly back in the trigger, I needed to open the spring to a certain point so I ground down a small screwdriver to fit in the opening. It also did a bang up job of compressing the return spring so that assembly could be put back in place. I'll call that a win.

Here's a couple of shots of the M36-1 reassembled. I'm going to do a bit of shooting with it and decide if I want to notch the front sight or leave it as is and paint it.

After doing a bit of research and talking to several folks I think I might go ahead and beadblast it.

Man, I like the idea of bead blasting. I know it will not solve all the problems, but it smooth out as much as can be smoothed out. I am watching this thread. I want to see the finished pictures.

Back
Top Bottom