• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

My first SBR build.

You do get a regular buffer tube. Most guys like heavier weight buffers, also helps to have a longer buffer because the 9mm is shorter so the bolt doesnt need to travel as far.

I used the lwrc ultra compact stock and made my own buffer. Its not as heavy as the specific 9mm buffer i had before, but i made it the exact length i needed and added all the tungsten that would fit.

So just a stock and a possibly a heavier buffer as I can use the pistol buffer tube?

So just a stock and a possibly a heavier buffer as I can use the pistol buffer tube?

Yup. A trick is do is to stack some quarters in the stock. Works if you dont have a 9mm buffer. I think its 1.50$ worth, but you habe to test it make sure itll lock back

A dedicated 9mm buffer is not really all that much more but its use is limited only to the 9mm build as far as I can tell. Plus you don't have the added weight of a buck fiddy of quarters hanging out there in the tube. Just some thoughts...

A dedicated 9mm buffer is not really all that much more but its use is limited only to the 9mm build as far as I can tell. Plus you don't have the added weight of a buck fiddy of quarters hanging out there in the tube. Just some thoughts...
Yeah, not to mention that buck fiddy in there is like 6 rounds of ammo. Or maybe 3 If you buy them on the ODT.

Depends wich one you get, I had one that was 11oz's I believe. Im not saying the buck o five is the best solution but its more of a bandaid if you wont get the longer buffer. there are other solutions too. Spikes sells a 15$ bumper too http://stores.9mmar.com/spikes-tactical-9mm-buffer-spacer/
P2100001_zps69232528.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom