• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

My first SBR build.

Willy Leadwell

Default rank <4500 posts
ODT Junkie!
34   0
Reaction score
I finally got a trust and my first can (in jail) and I want to go ahead and get started on my next NFA item which I decided would be an SBR. I'm not looking for opinions on the practicality of SBR, just want some more experienced opinions on which SBR I should build based on what I'm looking to do with it. I was going to do a .300aac build, but that means getting into a whole new caliber, an idea I'm not terribly thrilled about. I've been wanting a 9mm carbine, because I'm balls deep in 9mm, so I thought an SBR in a pistol caliber would be ideal for having a little fun with a can at shorter distances. I've been looking around and there doesn't seem to be a lot of options for 9mm stuff in the AR platform. I'm just looking for PROs and CONs of each. Post those first, then you can have the thread to run 18 pages of argument about why each other are wrong then shift completely to the ambiguously gay banter.

I have a dedicated 9mm sbr and 556 sbrs. Really build it for what you want to use it for. I think a non dedicated (mag block) may be a good course for you to get your feet wet. Then you can use that lower as both a 9mm and a 556 lower. Eventually you can expand your collection. I like the circle 10 glock lowers for dedicated pistol carbine builds.

That circle 10 lower looks nice. I may have to send them some of my money.
I have the DDLES one (pre circle 10) and Its a great lower. If you got glock mags, thats the way to go. If not Id do the colt style, mags are much cheaper and looks less silly(mag angle)

I have the DDLES one (pre circle 10) and Its a great lower. If you got glock mags, thats the way to go. If not Id do the colt style, mags are much cheaper and looks less silly(mag angle)

What bolt did you use? Does it matter what LPK you use? I seem to remember reading something about the hammer.

What bolt did you use? Does it matter what LPK you use? I seem to remember reading something about the hammer.

Any 9mm bolt will work, It just has to be cut for glock mags. ADCO will do the cut. I actually bought my bcg from a member here who had a spare. LPK doesnt matter, the hammer needs to be rounded though. I havent found a aftermarket trigger that resets yet.

I don't own Glocks and probably never will. Who makes a nice Colt style billet lower?
circle 10 makes those as well, magwell is formed to the mag
http://www.qcircle10.com/colt-9mm.html

mags
http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.a...olt+Style+Stainless+Steel+32rd+Mag&groupid=14

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom