• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Moments after an EMP

Organize your neighborhood into a village/hamlet with security teams, gardeners, scavengers, engineers, daycare/school, etc.

Don't be such a negative Nancy.
funny-motivators-04.jpg

Organize your neighborhood into a village/hamlet with security teams, gardeners, scavengers, engineers, daycare/school, etc.

Don't be such a negative Nancy.

Sounds good but given today's societal composition and experience this would be harder than it would seem. There are people in my neighborhood who are 50 years old and have never fired a gun. I don't even know of anyone that has any military experience besides myself. A doctor whose wife is a nurse lives next door which is a plus but you have to have effective trigger pullers as well. Tough to get a neighborhood that can become self sustaining these days.

You may enjoy reading the book - Holding their own by Joe Nobody. The first part of the book is about the people trying to stay together in their neighborhood after an EMP. They go through the share your food, etc mentality. I thought it was pretty interesting. Also, Surviving Home by A. American. It is book 2 in a series but has some crazy neighborhood dynamics going on in there as well.

If you read the books, let me know what you think.

You communist.
Nah. More like dictatorship by choice.

I am definitely the one that would be in a position of leadership in my neighborhood.

It doesn't have to be exactly where you live. Imagine how many empty houses there would be in that situation. I bet 50% of people never make it home. Just a made up statistic but seriously. Most people stranded 20 some miles away in ATL. I think they would sleep at work expecting the lights to come back on.

I am definitely the one that would be in a position of leadership in my neighborhood.

Or you'll just be the one everyone gets their survival goodies from.

It doesn't have to be exactly where you live. Imagine how many empty houses there would be in that situation. I bet 50% of people never make it home. Just a made up statistic but seriously. Most people stranded 20 some miles away in ATL. I think they would sleep at work expecting the lights to come back on.

Depends on when it occurs. If it happens in the middle of the night. Most will sleep in and then take an extended 'stay-cation' waiting for the guberment FEMA trucks comes around with water and MREs. It might take weeks for them to give up waiting and start migrating out of the cities...

Back
Top Bottom