• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Moments after an EMP

Agreed. I don't think we can really arm chair quarterback it and be accurate.

I will say that if you have 10 buddies show up at your place as your shooters, ALOT of neighbors may consider working all day for you if you feed them.

Just from a few neighbors you have a daycare, farm workers, a kitchen staff, security sensor monitors, etc

TIME OUT -

am i alone here with this ?

i really truely do not fear this - this life we would be left with is much like how i spend my time off / vacations and such - minus the killing of people trying to take your stuff - seriously dont throw me in the briar patch - i think the hardest part for me will be getting the grin off my face -

what say ye ?

TIME OUT -

am i alone here with this ?

i really truely do not fear this - this life we would be left with is much like how i spend my time off / vacations and such - minus the killing of people trying to take your stuff - seriously dont throw me in the briar patch - i think the hardest part for me will be getting the grin off my face -

what say ye ?

Then you really haven't thought about how much it would suck. Its one thing to voluntarily to go "off the grid" for a weekend, its another thing all together to be dumped back in the 19th century without warning.

Then you really haven't thought about how much it would suck. Its one thing to voluntarily to go "off the grid" for a weekend, its another thing all together to be dumped back in the 19th century without warning.

actually i have thought about it extensively - if i survive the initial crisis i should fair well - i think i may have been born in the wrong century - i dont google my way through life - i am clearly capible of much more than a weekend and have done such - thou you have described most people these days - that aint me - and truely it may suck to be them at some point in the near future .

since childhood my likes and hobbies have afforded me a skillset that until now there really was no forseeable use for - funny how life works aint it ?

i guess i just didnt spend enough time on the couch playing video games as a youth

actually i have thought about it extensively - if i survive the initial crisis i should fair well - i think i may have been born in the wrong century - i dont google my way through life - i am clearly capible of much more than a weekend and have done such - thou you have described most people these days - that aint me - and truely it may suck to be them at some point in the near future .

since childhood my likes and hobbies have afforded me a skillset that until now there really was no forseeable use for - funny how life works aint it ?

i guess i just didnt spend enough time on the couch playing video games as a youth
So, in summary, you are a complete and total redneck and, unless something horrible happens, you are completely useless and worthless in today's world.

And just in case you or someone else thinks I am serious and takes offense... :laugh:

So, in summary, you are a complete and total redneck and, unless something horrible happens, you are completely useless and worthless in today's world.

And just in case you or someone else thinks I am serious and takes offense... :laugh:

nope !

fortunately it doesnt have to be either or -

im currently blending in with polite society making a good living , all the while waiting for a long relaxing vacation - EMP or retirement it really makes no difference

im prepared for many outcomes including same **** different day but id prefer other

Dude you have a '04 Neon, it is a crap shoot anytime you get behind the wheel!
hey Hey HEY now. That's my bundle of joy you're talking about there. That 4 grand I put into her was the 4 grand I loved the most. Don't you DARE. Talk about my beloved in such a fashion. You are a racist against cars, sir. You're a carist! That's the worst kind of -ist!

actually i have thought about it extensively - if i survive the initial crisis i should fair well - i think i may have been born in the wrong century...

That isn't the point. No refrigeration. No power tools. No AC. No ODT (!). No medicines. No medical services. No postal service or shipping for a long time. Life in the 19th century was still "brutish and short". Its fun to do things "the archaic way" when you have a choice. Its not when you don't have a choice because everything takes much more time and effort and you run out of both much more quickly.

You might survive. But you won't like it.

Also- So many people are completely unprepared and unfit to survive that you should feel guilty for hoping it happens.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom