• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Moments after an EMP

That isn't the point. No refrigeration. No power tools. No AC. No ODT (!). No medicines. No medical services. No postal service or shipping for a long time. Life in the 19th century was still "brutish and short". Its fun to do things "the archaic way" when you have a choice. Its not when you don't have a choice because everything takes much more time and effort and you run out of both much more quickly.

You might survive. But you won't like it.

Also- So many people are completely unprepared and unfit to survive that you should feel guilty for hoping it happens.

Totally agree. I live in a one way in, one way out subdivision. Yesterday a tractor trailer decides to wipe out the power lines and snap poles over the only entrance to my subdivision. All power lost plus the entrance/exit was blocked off for hours on end. Just in this short period of time you could see people in the neighborhood losing it.

That isn't the point. No refrigeration. No power tools. No AC. No ODT (!). No medicines. No medical services. No postal service or shipping for a long time. Life in the 19th century was still "brutish and short". Its fun to do things "the archaic way" when you have a choice. Its not when you don't have a choice because everything takes much more time and effort and you run out of both much more quickly.

You might survive. But you won't like it.

Also- So many people are completely unprepared and unfit to survive that you should feel guilty for hoping it happens.

i dissagree completely - me and my immediate clan will do just fine - i dont require most of what you named and have survived with out many of these things already out of necessity at different times in my life -

nothing you named is a necessity (sorry ODT)

as far as feeling guilty - really ? feel bad for prepping ? and longing for simpler times ? feel guilty for being prepared - self sufficient ? having mad archaic skills ?

feel bad ? - not gonna happen - not as most of them will wish they had my tin foil hat - the very same one they spent so much time and energy messing with me and others about

Totally agree. I live in a one way in, one way out subdivision. Yesterday a tractor trailer decides to wipe out the power lines and snap poles over the only entrance to my subdivision. All power lost plus the entrance/exit was blocked off for hours on end. Just in this short period of time you could see people in the neighborhood losing it.

This exact thing happened in my parents' neighborhood last week from a trash truck (same place?). I dropped by to visit - it was bizarre watching people stranded and not even being able to drive to and from their homes.

It's not about you, guy.
It's about the millions of people surrounding you.
Starving.
With starving children.
With infections.
With diarrhea.
With no sanitation.
With children dying.
With clans of bad men roving around gang raping whatever they want.

An EMP is not a fun backwoods skills test.

9/10 Americans will die in the first year. As a conservative guess by the U.S. EMP committee.

Think about that man.

An EMP would be biblical level devastation.

well "guy" now might be a great time for them to prepare then huh ? im just not worried is my point - very well said the little red hen ill do it myself

a lot of these deaths will happen regardless of the crisis - because not only are they not prepared but they are currently surviving off $$$ stolen from me (tax payers)

imagine a world where the fruits of your labor went to whom you saw fit - whats wrong with you dont work you dont eat ?

YES i would like to hit the reset button

I understand the sentiment. But that reset button in question would kill millions of people. Not just welfare recipients.

Doctors. Wonderful families. Beautiful children with a great life ahead of them.

Of course it's a great time for them to prepare. It's a great time for everyone to be prepared.

There's nothing wrong with it. In an EMP, for the vast majority of people, it wouldn't matter how hard they worked. There wouldn't be anything to eat, and they would die anyways.

I just don't understand why some people want this stuff to happen. Why would you want children to die?

Seems ****ed up to me.

Back
Top Bottom