• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Moments after an EMP

Step 1: Freak the **** out.
Step 2: Cry.
Step 3: ?????

Ok, but for real, this would suck. Hard to know what you would do in a situation like this. Gotta have dem preps.

Scary stuff for sure. Seems like the moments immediately after the EMP would be most dangerous. Aircraft falling from the sky, millions of motor vehicles shutting down while in operation, signal lights all going blank... It would be like all of the disaster movies ever made all rolled into one. If you survived the first thirty minutes or so you'd have to consider yourself lucky.

Most people here probably know about the Carrington Event of 1859. Imagine if it happened today. Funny thing is an EMP can get us whether its caused by nature or by radical extremists.

My truck would still run...but be useless with all the roadways clogged...not to mention the undue attention it would bring. Then again, with the panic and carnage that would ensue in the first couple hours I might be able to make it home in 4WD before the armed mobs form up.

1- use BOV or planned alternate methods/routes to get my children, then get them to the family meeting point.
1a- drive through mcdonalds/taco bell/burger king on buy everything they have hot.
2- use all of the cash we have immediately on a run to the local grocery/biglots with 1-2 people for security.
3- setup off grid sanitation systems
4- start water collection and filtration
5- start 24hr watch/security

depending on how it all goes, day 2-3 might just be the perfect time to hit the food distribution centers/unlikely places for food.

Back
Top Bottom