• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Metal Detector enthusiasts? aka Swingers??

Used to do it a lot over in Germany, found a really old coin and found some things that looked like pipes, thought they might be old water line so didn't finish digging them up. Then about a week later a letter came out from the base Commander not to go into the woods MDing because 3 guys were killed digging things up while MD, said there were still lots of unexploded bombs. That was the end of MDing

Got a Tesoro Eldorado, a Fischer 1266X, Fischer CZ-20, an Aqua Pulse (underwater) and a Minelab Excaliber. I don't play with them as much as I used to, but would be willing to hunt or answer PM questions.... Stan

If you know of any place where we can hunt civil war relics let me know. I've been doing some research on some local CW battles and trying to find some private land to get permission. I got permission to hunt in some of the Cobb parks.

The schools are hit and miss, sometimes nobody says a thing and other times you get the boot quick. I hit them in the summer during offseason. The newer ones are okay for clad and the occasional ring but I much prefer the old ones where you get silver coins in the mix

Yeah most around me seem to be recently built according to the historical maps. I'll hunt for anything but I prefer silver or CW relics. I'll try schools in the summer like you suggested.

Back
Top Bottom