• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Metal detectors

I would like to get a decent starter Metal Detector. Anyone have a good suggestion?
I am by no means an expert but wanted a decent starter detector but also one I wouldn’t need/want to upgrade in short order. Did some research and for about $500, I got the Fisher Labs F75+. Still haven’t found a chest of treasures, but have had fun with it.

I would like to get a decent starter Metal Detector. Anyone have a good suggestion?
Kellycodetectors.com is a good place to begin and browse their selections and choices based upon how serious you might be. They have been in business for many years and sell many different brands. I have been metal detecting since 1973 and currently own 10 detectors ranging in value from $39 to $1400. However, no matter what opinion a person will give you, there will always be another person who will chime in and challenge that, so I suggest KellyCo. Thanks.

Kellycodetectors.com is a good place to begin and browse their selections and choices based upon how serious you might be. They have been in business for many years and sell many different brands. I have been metal detecting since 1973 and currently own 10 detectors ranging in value from $39 to $1400. However, no matter what opinion a person will give you, there will always be another person who will chime in and challenge that, so I suggest KellyCo. Thanks.
I second that. When I got back into detecting 5 or 6 years ago they were my go to supplier (Kellyco that is). Since then I've bought numerous things from them like pinpointers, sand scoops, digging tools and additional detectors. Their prices are good, they have great tech support and friendly sales folks and a lot of good information on their site.

I second that. When I got back into detecting 5 or 6 years ago they were my go to supplier (Kellyco that is). Since then I've bought numerous things from them like pinpointers, sand scoops, digging tools and additional detectors. Their prices are good, they have great tech support and friendly sales folks and a lot of good information on their site.
Definitely agree. Thanks.

this always looked like fun, but who wants to find old pull tabs, nails and screws??? Yes, you might find an Indian head penny or old dime, but the return on time and investment is poor......in my opinion.

But prove me wrong.
Your right, if somebody thinks their gonna get rich doing it. But I do it for fun and don’t sell anything I find. I love history, doing the research looking at old maps finding a spot on the map. Then going to the spot and actually finding stuff.
IMG_2178.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom