• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Metal Detector enthusiasts? aka Swingers??

Been at it for 20 years. I still have 4 detectors
Its not easy anymore. Old house sites are good. The best places I ever knew are paved or illegal.
Lake Allatoona actually has a beach you can hunt. They will even give you a map.

i58.tinypic.com_15rziwx.jpg

i59.tinypic.com_4jp45i.jpg

i62.tinypic.com_5mye4g.jpg

i58.tinypic.com_32zmi4h.jpg

i60.tinypic.com_2upzae9.jpg

Last edited:
Can't use it at State parks- that can get you jailed. In some places, you may be able to use it along city sidewalks that have a grassy area between the sidewalk and curb. Digging tools have to be very narrow like a slotted screwdriver. Public beaches are excellent.

I found an old Civil War mini-ball and a mercury dime in a relatives back yard. A load of dirt had been delivered from a downtown area when they were establishing a lawn.

Havent been back here to check. Glad it took off! Nice finds traderben! I want to find something Civil War very bad! At least a minie ball or something. Maybe we should have an ODT hunt one day!

I have been thinking about purchasing one and eyeballing a few models at some local stores, but man they are high. I have a friend that has some privately owned property over by Kennesaw Mountain that i have been talking to him about. School me on a relatively inexpensive model that i could get that would work well and not break the bank.

I have been thinking about purchasing one and eyeballing a few models at some local stores, but man they are high. I have a friend that has some privately owned property over by Kennesaw Mountain that i have been talking to him about. School me on a relatively inexpensive model that i could get that would work well and not break the bank.

Fisher F2, Garrett Ace 250, Teknetics EuroTek Pro are a few to look at.

I'm impartial to Fisher and Teknetics. All of these will work.

$160 - Tesoro Comparde
$175 - Teknetics Alpha
$200 - Fisher F2
$260 - Teknetics Delta
$300 - Teknetics Eurotek Pro
$400 - Fisher F4

The Tesoro Compadre is the only one without a digital display (which really is not necessary). If you are specifically relic hunting, get it with the 8" coil. If you are coin shooting, get the 5.75" coil. Compadres have a cult following, I have one. Tesoro has lifetime warranties.

I think you get the most bang for your buck with Teknetics. The chief designer is Fisher Labs designer. They have 5 year warranties.

Check out Amazon, Big Boy Hobbies, Kellyco, Fort Bedford Detectors. If you buy new, I'd only buy from an authorized dealer. Some of them even sell used ones.

I got a Teknetics Delta, then a Compadre, then a Fisher F5. I like them all and they all have their place. You get more features with more expensive models like customizing discrimination modes and ground balancing.

If you need help hunting relics on that land, I'd be glad to go with you! You try some out too.

Do you ever have issues hunting at schools?

You found a 55 gal drum just full of bottle tops?! That's strange. That must have taken awhile to dig up lol.

The schools are hit and miss, sometimes nobody says a thing and other times you get the boot quick. I hit them in the summer during offseason. The newer ones are okay for clad and the occasional ring but I much prefer the old ones where you get silver coins in the mix

Got a Tesoro Eldorado, a Fischer 1266X, Fischer CZ-20, an Aqua Pulse (underwater) and a Minelab Excaliber. I don't play with them as much as I used to, but would be willing to hunt or answer PM questions.... Stan

Back
Top Bottom