• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Metal Detecting...

I use 4 different detectors depending on conditions.
Nothing works well in Virginia iron soil.
I use a Fisher 1270 in normal soils... In Texas I got Republic of Texas buttons and some Mex artifacts.
In Savannah I use a Whites MXT. In Tennessee I got an Oval CS plate
Locally I use a shadow X2 or a Tesoro Golden. In Alabama I got an AVC boxplate
I use a Sidewinder for seeded hunts
I've found a ton of stuff over the years, but it’s becoming difficult to find a place to hunt. Most of the spots I used to hunt are paved now or illegal.
Good luck

i46.tinypic.com_2ni5i60.jpg

i49.tinypic.com_28u5xxx.jpg

i48.tinypic.com_34r94eo.jpg

Added Phoyos today

I started metal detecting this year. It's a fun hobby to pass time when I am bored. So far (have'nt been much) I have found some recent coins, spent bullets, about a 80-100 year old horse shoe, old tin and aluminum cans and some other odds and ins. I bought the Ace 250 from Hobbytown. Most people who do detect say to spend 100.00 in detector, per inch you want to go down. Right now I am building a gold dredge, that is some fun stuff too.

I live right next to clark creek and used to gold pan in it a lot with my dad. We've found placer gold but never any nuggets, although we really have not dug down more than probably a foot. Not even really. I know there's gotta be nuggets in that creek. Gold panning is really fun.

I have been there with a dredge, high banker and a lot of time just panning. Most of the creeks that feed Allatoona on the south side have good placer gold. We never found any nuggets or pickers but it is a blast doing it.

I've been detecting for a little over 20 years now. I currently use a White's Spectra V3i with a Sunray DX-1 probe attached.

I've found a lot of Civil War relics in the area, but my favorite find by far is an 1861 $20 US Double Eagle which I found this year.

Wow! Nice find.

I have been there with a dredge, high banker and a lot of time just panning. Most of the creeks that feed Allatoona on the south side have good placer gold. We never found any nuggets or pickers but it is a blast doing it.

Yea it is. And dang...Was hoping I was living next to a source of income if I just put enough time into it. lol How deep have you tried to go? And curious, around what area of the creek have you panned? We would do it right around where it goes under 75/woodstock rd. and everything up before that.

All up and down it, that area used to be a golf course. I have been panning by the old 92 bridge, gold maps show that there used to be gold mine near the 75 side but we never looked for it. How close do you live to it?

Back
Top Bottom