• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Metal Detecting...

I have a Garret Ace 350. Actually I bought it for locating arrows that bury themselves.....they add up over time especially with three shooters. We do Civil War re-enacting so sometimes and these historic parks, we will find a bullet, or a button, or a piece of a uniform. Kinda fun....we live on the Savannah river so we should be out on the banks wit this thing....one day!

I have a low end Bounty Hunter Tracker 1D/505, but hopefully one day I'll get something better. I don't really have anywhere to go metal detecting though other than my yard in which I've only found nails and other junk.

i'v been detecting for 35+/- years i'v had the $1500-2000 detectors the $150.00-300.00 and most everything inbetween.now all i use is a garrett 550 and treasure ace.you wont find anything with them sitting in the garage or up on a shelf.i'v found all kinds of stuff from old guns to gold rings.i take it with me when we take the motorhome and i stop along the way at old roadside parks,old schools,city parks Ect..one quick place to find some money is look for old phone booths.the best ones are the ones around an old abandoned bar.drunks going out to make a call dragging everything out of their pockets looking for a dime.i'v found all kinds of pocket knives around those booths.the best thing i found was a prince albert tobacco can full of mercury dimes i found around an old house.i thought i had hit the mother load one time at the Atlanta raceway after one fall race when i found a womens rolex watch.it turned out to be a fake.
i work behind the raceway and would detect the camping areas after the race (the track runs you off now) and load up on quaters dimes and nickles.just look for the campfire spots and the chair leg imprents in the grass and you could count on a dollar or so at each site.i'd hit one area each day on my lunch hour for about a week.

we was working at a old house and a guy that was working there found a cs belt buckle and a few days later some old coins , he said he sold the belt buckle for $400

Started with the old Radio shack----now a Bounty hunter........I'm still looking for the( mother lode )......Heck if I got a penny for every bottle cap I found ,I would be a happy man.....

I haven't been in a while, it just gets to be too hot or deer season is in and I can't detect. I normally relic hunt around here or up in Va. Usually use a Nautilus DMCIIB or Tesoro. I have found some great stuff over the years but I really like the personal stuff buttons and such, never found a plate but do have a full shoulder scale of an Union soldiers uniform. Here is one of my favorites I found Confederate Artillery Block A.

i77.photobucket.com_albums_j49_Baddone_bwacsA.jpg

I've been detecting for a little over 20 years now. I currently use a White's Spectra V3i with a Sunray DX-1 probe attached.

I've found a lot of Civil War relics in the area, but my favorite find by far is an 1861 $20 US Double Eagle which I found this year.

Attachments

• photo 16(1).JPG
    photo 16(1).JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 61
  • photo 15(1).JPG
    photo 15(1).JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
I've only been detecting for a month now, and i found my first silver coin today. A 1941d quarter. After i cleaned it up, it was in pretty nice shape too. I use a bounty hunter quick draw II. I plan on getting a garret at pro with my income tax return.

Back
Top Bottom