• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

may take a break from the gun trading seems it isnt what it was.

The swap and sell game is flooded with flippers. They literally dominate the landscape. It's not just here -- Facebook groups, Gunbroker, GON and everywhere else are plagued by the same. Lately, I've stopped playing. With retailers like Buds becoming SO competitive, it just doesn't make sense. I'd rather order exactly what I want new than comb through the ridiculous posts to find it for the same price (or more) used. I don't list much anymore. I used to be pretty active in the forums, but immaturity took over some time in the last two years. Last I lingered, the forums looked less like a place where adult men discussed firearms and more like one of those strange 'internet' places where weird 'internet' guys discuss weird 'internet' stuff with tons of weird emojis. Maybe I'm jaded. I miss the old OTD. Things certainly do seem to have changed. Not for the better, in my opinion -- which is worth every cent you spent on it.
Yep, well said. Let the MODs enjoy this mess

I'm just so sickened by the ODT offering a home for illegal arms dealers and ammo flipping gougers. I know the "free market" and Capitalism" schmucks will be here in half a second to call me a communist or whatever but the butt ****ing we get both individually and as a group from these thieves is not capitalism..l.it's just pure ****ing greed. And the ODT sponsors it. But it has become about the almighty buck here just like everywhere else. So that loss of community and fun that you are feeling is just from being run over by the wheels of commerce.

It's great having dealers participating, but they need to have a forum for them and not be posting in the private deals areas.

It's understandable that the ODT shouldn't be moderating the price people ask for their items but we should be free to tell people that they are ****ing thieves when the walk out of WalMart with a 25 dollar brick of 22's and list it here for $50. And we should be able to tell people they are morons when they post "Great price!" on a gun listed above MSRP. Damn idjits.

And someone should be calling the IRS and ATF and pointing to the page after page of batch listings some of these illegal gun dealers have here and asking why they aren't being audited. We as legal gun enthusiasts should never countenance criminals hiding amongst ourselves. The same crowd that quietly tolerates illegal gun dealers will jump on others in a second for not policing their own ranks.

The ODT is just like everywhere else nowadays...money talks and integrity is nothing but the façade behind which much of the "freedom loving, gun totin' crowd" hides it's hypocrisy.

I'm just so sickened by the ODT offering a home for illegal arms dealers and ammo flipping gougers. I know the "free market" and Capitalism" schmucks will be here in half a second to call me a communist or whatever but the butt ****ing we get both individually and as a group from these thieves is not capitalism..l.it's just pure ****ing greed. And the ODT sponsors it. But it has become about the almighty buck here just like everywhere else. So that loss of community and fun that you are feeling is just from being run over by the wheels of commerce.

It's great having dealers participating, but they need to have a forum for them and not be posting in the private deals areas.

It's understandable that the ODT shouldn't be moderating the price people ask for their items but we should be free to tell people that they are ****ing thieves when the walk out of WalMart with a 25 dollar brick of 22's and list it here for $50. And we should be able to tell people they are morons when they post "Great price!" on a gun listed above MSRP. Damn idjits.

And someone should be calling the IRS and ATF and pointing to the page after page of batch listings some of these illegal gun dealers have here and asking why they aren't being audited. We as legal gun enthusiasts should never countenance criminals hiding amongst ourselves. The same crowd that quietly tolerates illegal gun dealers will jump on others in a second for not policing their own ranks.

The ODT is just like everywhere else nowadays...money talks and integrity is nothing but the façade behind which much of the "freedom loving, gun totin' crowd" hides it's hypocrisy.
I agree with this post.

If I were the head cheese around here, I would set a max limit of three relists before the whole ad has to be redone again. I've seen so many over-priced ads just get posted over and over again... it dilutes the content and makes it hard to wade through all the poop.

/rant

Heck seems as of late the site isn't what is was 3 years ago when i did my first deal here. Used to be had a few flippers and everyone else liked to trade and if they got something for 300 bucks they may ask 320 to cover gas. Lately I see more and more guys gobble up a good deal and literally list it for alot more. Of course we don't have to buy and they can ask what they want, but doesn't that take alot of the fun out of it? I started using this site to try different things and shoot alot of guns i can't buy all at once. Hard to do it this day and age. still a great site don't get me wrong just the classifieds ain't as fun as it was. I got my first lemon thru a trade the other day as well and hey it does happen but think I may lay low for awhile and just enjoy the show and the forums lol. Who all has had some similar experiences lately? ok Im done whining lol which is exactly what i was doing Ill admit.
Agree not what it use to be, same high priced guns over and over in my area. Thought I bought a lemon a while back a Taurus that dropped the magazine every time I pulled the trigger I worked on the mag release after doing research and it works great now. PT945 one of my favorite "cheap" guns. I made lemonade out of that lemon.

I agree with this post.

If I were the head cheese around here, I would set a max limit of three relists before the whole ad has to be redone again. I've seen so many over-priced ads just get posted over and over again... it dilutes the content and makes it hard to wade through all the poop.

/rant
Yes I agree it gets old seeing the same thing for years.

I've traded or sold at a lost more than once, but I have scored a couple great buys here as well. Where else could you pick up a $1000+ pistol, for $600? I could have easily flipped it at a profit, but I loved it.

Back
Top Bottom