• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

may take a break from the gun trading seems it isnt what it was.

I must be in the dark, or maybe I'm just gullible to these activities. I don't know who is doing this and have no way to know if someone is making a profit. Lord knows I don't make a profit here. I guess I just don't care if someone makes a profit. I do care if someone is selling stolen guns. I despise that crap. If something illegal is going on here and can be proven, I suggest giving OS a heads up so he can take action...None of us here wants illegal activities happening here. I wouldn't think so anyway. If it cannot be proven....

The IRS has far too much to do to care about anything you posted. They have financial minimums unless requested by another agency involved in a criminal investigation.

Dealing on the "Darknet" and selling on an open site like the ODT are two very different things. I understand some of your concerns but am betting the owners of this site have far more concern and an attorney that help them make decisions regarding potential liability be it civil or criminal.

Like the BATFE does not have a desk solely dedicated to online transactions already........would be like saying the USSS does not have a "internet threat desk (group). I believe they are a step ahead of you OP.

Last edited:
I'm just so sickened by the ODT offering a home for illegal arms dealers and ammo flipping gougers. I know the "free market" and Capitalism" schmucks will be here in half a second to call me a communist or whatever but the butt ****ing we get both individually and as a group from these thieves is not capitalism..l.it's just pure ****ing greed. And the ODT sponsors it. But it has become about the almighty buck here just like everywhere else. So that loss of community and fun that you are feeling is just from being run over by the wheels of commerce.

It's great having dealers participating, but they need to have a forum for them and not be posting in the private deals areas.

It's understandable that the ODT shouldn't be moderating the price people ask for their items but we should be free to tell people that they are ****ing thieves when the walk out of WalMart with a 25 dollar brick of 22's and list it here for $50. And we should be able to tell people they are morons when they post "Great price!" on a gun listed above MSRP. Damn idjits.

And someone should be calling the IRS and ATF and pointing to the page after page of batch listings some of these illegal gun dealers have here and asking why they aren't being audited. We as legal gun enthusiasts should never countenance criminals hiding amongst ourselves. The same crowd that quietly tolerates illegal gun dealers will jump on others in a second for not policing their own ranks.

The ODT is just like everywhere else nowadays...money talks and integrity is nothing but the façade behind which much of the "freedom loving, gun totin' crowd" hides it's hypocrisy.
If you don't think the ATF and IRS are not watching then you are not very attentive.

If nonone is trying to make a profit, then why are most used Glocks in the $550 range here, or just about everything else is higher than new prices?

Yeah, you know why. Because just about EVERYBODY wants more for less.

Perhaps the OP doesn't realize they are pricing their item for more than we think it is worth. Just yesterday there were several ads for sale that had responses of "great price", "will be gone quick", etc. Google some of these and could find new retail for less. I guess what is a great price for some is not for others.

Back
Top Bottom