• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

may take a break from the gun trading seems it isnt what it was.

Agree with you 50% Patronus. (But it's a big 50%.)

Not about the overpriced guns and 22 flippers. (Especially if they're mine, in which case they're rare and it's a bargain.)

But the volume "hobby" sellers? Some people have large collections, I get it. They might decide to sell many guns at once. But many different guns every couple of weeks for months at a time? Is that still a hobby? What's the threshold between a guy who wants to try out and then pass along every gun on the market, and someone acting like an unlicensed dealer? (btw, who am I to make this call? I guess that's exactly my point - who makes this call?)

The 22 flipper thing bugs me because we really wouldn't have a shortage if it weren't for them. If the flippers didn't empty the shelves every week, people would see the ammo there and stop panic buying. And then people who actually need some for their kids could buy them from WalMart et al at decent prices instead of going to the store only to find the shelves empty and having to turn to thieving scumbags online. I've talked to the people behind the counter at WalMart and they get a case of 22's a week on average. Under normal circumstances they'd have a brick or more still there when the next case comes in. But the flippers are artificially stimulating the market by monopolizing the supply. And there are anti trust laws against that for this very reason. But those laws are only enforced against companies engaging in monopolistic practices. So, in order to enrich themselves, they grab every round they can, making sure that the only way for people to get any is through them. Who suffers? Mostly it's the recreational shooter and the kids, since the 22 is the most common round fathers teach their sons with and parents give their kids for their first guns. I'd love to hear of 22 flippers getting kneecapped...preferably with a 22.

As to hobby sellers, you can click on a user name, select Find all threads by_____ and see all the listings they've posted. I've seen a couple with page after page of BNIB and LIKE NEW listings over and over again. It's not a hobby, it's a business. And without an FFL it's a crime.

this took a turn I didn't see lol. That said some interesting post here and food for thought. I have received two infractions along the way for saying someones item is overpriced. I mean if i see a marlin 3030 for 600 bucks with a simmons scope i may call you stupid... should i get an infraction for this i don't think so . Just as anyone can ask what they want why can't i say hey your asking too much lol. I think it keeps some of the money grubbers and guys trying to scam and or drive prices up out of the way. Maybe even do like Marlin owners where you have to have so many post to even sell here? I do understand I would'nt want to give my stuff away either but that said asking what you paid new is obviously high also its obvious these guys are banking selling to people who either don't want a background ran for either criminal reasons or personal reasons regarding their political beliefs on gun control possibly and will pay the premium. It dilutes the sight and you have crap to look through for days and 8000 repost lol.

If all the flipping is being done like some here say. Wouldn't the shortage be over?

The shortage IS over. The buying and reselling is attenuating the appearance of a shortage. As I said, WalMart stores are getting a case or more every week.

this took a turn I didn't see lol. That said some interesting post here and food for thought. I have received two infractions along the way for saying someones item is overpriced. I mean if i see a marlin 3030 for 600 bucks with a simmons scope i may call you stupid... should i get an infraction for this i don't think so . Just as anyone can ask what they want why can't i say hey your asking too much lol. I think it keeps some of the money grubbers and guys trying to scam and or drive prices up out of the way. Maybe even do like Marlin owners where you have to have so many post to even sell here? I do understand I would'nt want to give my stuff away either but that said asking what you paid new is obviously high also its obvious these guys are banking selling to people who either don't want a background ran for either criminal reasons or personal reasons regarding their political beliefs on gun control possibly and will pay the premium. It dilutes the sight and you have crap to look through for days and 8000 repost lol.

Yeah, Marlins are amusing in that most of the overpriced ones have some comment about the barrel being stamped JM. Duh. I've owned half a dozen Marlins and never had one that WASN'T marked JM. So it's REAL rare. But the people that make me want to scream are the ones who come into an overpriced gun thread and post "Great price!", "Good deal right there" and "Deal of the Day". Shouldn't we at least be allowed to mock THOSE fool;s? LOL.

Yeah, Marlins are amusing in that most of the overpriced ones have some comment about the barrel being stamped JM. Duh. I've owned half a dozen Marlins and never had one that WASN'T marked JM. So it's REAL rare. But the people that make me want to scream are the ones who come into an overpriced gun thread and post "Great price!", "Good deal right there" and "Deal of the Day". Shouldn't we at least be allowed to mock THOSE fool;s? LOL.
Perzactly,bet you check and there were XXXXXX of the rare ones produced.A used 30-30 is a $300 gun to me any of them.My bolt 30-30 which is rare was 250.

Perzactly,bet you check and there were XXXXXX of the rare ones produced.A used 30-30 is a $300 gun to me any of them.My bolt 30-30 which is rare was 250.

$300? Damn YOU'RE generous. I bought one NEW at WalMart once and paid less than that(it's been a while). But I have NEVER paid that much for a used one.

Back
Top Bottom