• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

may take a break from the gun trading seems it isnt what it was.

Warrent, no, I was not taking it too seriously, not at all. How did you know I was drinking coffee BTW lol Nothing like a good discussion, but these discussions seem to always come back to the price of someone else's property. I don't sell much, I tend to buy more than sell it seems. But I am not going to ask anyone on ODT to give me their blessings on the price I put on my property. Your opinion of the price of my property really has no bearing on whether it will sell or not. It is just one man's opinion.
Getting infractions is always up to the individual. Some don't care, some do care, but most, not all, but most know when they are going to get an infraction. There are very few hard and fast rules on ODT. One of those hard and fast rules is no negative responses in ads. Are there times when I believe the price of a particular item is wayyyyy over priced, sure. Do I post how I feel in the ad, no I don't. BTW, I am sometimes surprised when that item sells for the price listed. So, maybe I was not up on the price, or someone REALLY wanted that particular item.
Make accusations, unproven BTW, about criminal activity, well that is a whole different ball game. Having an opinion about price, and calling someone a criminal, are two entirely different situations.

I agree with most all of what you posted and I'm not calling every person that jacks up price a criminal. Im just saying I have seen in ads on here no background check needed or when people are discussing price etc that has been one of their selling points. Now logically there are two reasons for that and most of the time its bc strict readers of the constitution are maybe more prone to pay a bit more so big brother doesn't see they passed a background check for an item? The second is they could not pass one and would pay more and Id bet that is far less than the other.

All that said I like being able to sell and trade Im just being the devils advocate here with this topic bought up by another member. That angle was not intended by this post but it got there so now we are discussing it lol.

All that said I like being able to sell and trade Im just being the devils advocate here with this topic bought up by another member. That angle was not intended by this post but it got there so now we are discussing it lol.

Yeah, discussions just get off track sometimes. Speaking of off track discussions, I visit guns shows often (yeah, I know, overpriced, waste of time, etc), but I enjoy them. I was looking at a couple of guns being offered by a dealer at one gun show, and really like one of them. I asked him his price. He gave me the price and then stated, this is one of my guns that I am selling, so sales tax. The price was within what I had budgeted for that model, and I decided to buy the gun. No background check, did not ask to see me GWCL but he did ask to see my drivers license to verify that I am a GA resident. Did he do anything illegal? I don't think he did, but, I was surprised that a dealer would sell "off the grid" for lack of a better phrase.

Last edited:
very true and interesting. I don't mind it myself but Its one of those things we almost need to control and police ourselves or one whack job buys a gun and boom all hell breaks loose lol. Sucks that is how it is and its such a slippery slope, we give in to more gun control they will take a mile so In my mind its important to find a middle ground i guess. Can you imagine how fast we would be out of a site if one asshat had the mind to buy here and do something stupid. This is purely the reason I brought up the having to have a minimum number of post before being able to buy or sell here ? 25 like on marlin forum or more 50 maybe? Just a thought and I know many would disagree but In my mind you can figure out a good bit about a persons intent by post etc pretty quick at least you have attempted.

I will say this. Used to you could jump on and see some really cool ****. Every day was like a day in the candy store. It was bad ass. All different types of guns that I hadn't seen in a while. Now it seems that its the same 100 or so guns just moving from flipper to flipper. The same guns getting traded over and over. Doesn't seem like any thing new is getting thrown into the rotation. I sold most of my collection off back in November to get funds together for house down payment. I look at the guns that I had and what they sold for and look at what is generally being offered today and it seems like far lesser quality pieces at higher prices. I'll never list any thing on the ODT. After putting at $550 Glock 21 up and getting $300 offers from guys that I know are just going to re list for $$550 the next day i said i would rather sell to my friends at thoose prices and thats what I am doing. As far as buying im not buying off here any more either. Rather give the money to Hill top Pawn or Bullseye in Lville. With that said the site is still a great community and place to go and hang out with the "cool kids"

Back
Top Bottom