• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Magazine Drilling

Get on EBay and find you some surplus solid carbide drill bits. They can get expensive so that’s why I recommend looking at suplus. You will have to have a rigid setup (drill press with a clamped vise for solid carbide is very hard and they will break under any side deflection.

Not all of us have forgot barrels or milling machines laying around sir!!!:boink:

There are guys who have those. We are clearly not those guys, we have drills. When I was a kid we didn’t even have those, we had rocks.

Nonliberal has fixed me up with a solution. Let him do it.

You know I thought about how pretentious and egotistical suggesting that you should all just use your milling machines may have sounded.
I apologize
If you send me the mags. I will cut them, not with the mill, but with laser beams and ****. Cause I gots one of those too. I'll take pics

You know I thought about how pretentious and egotistical suggesting that you should all just use your milling machines may have sounded.
I apologize
If you send me the mags. I will cut them, not with the mill, but with laser beams and ****. Cause I gots one of those too. I'll take pics
Holy F#im laughing my ass off

Try to use a brad point drill bit. A brad point bit will cut a perfect round hole in sheet metal and will not catch on the sheet metal when it brakes through on the back side. Check out this video on grinding a brad point drill bit and has already been said the back side needs to be supported. Hope this helps. PM me if I can help.

i live in jasper, i know its a drive ..but if needed i have a full fab shop here that we can piddle in
and you can get it done quick with the right tools

I have two easy options open Thanks to the generosity of ODT members. I normally like dealing with projects I start. I might give it one more try but will probably wind up allowing people with the right tools to do it.

The mags came with a gun I wanted and I had to buy higher cap mags separately. It should work on these mags but probably not on some Beretta mags since the indention in located differently. I would be interested in hearing about any of you trying this.

Back
Top Bottom