• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Magazine Drilling

Not to be rude, but was the drill in reverse? As others have mentioned, I'd personally start with a tiny, sub-pencil lead sized bit and some light oil. Keep the speed REALLY low. Apply good steady pressure and stick some scrap in the mag with enough sticking out to clamp to table or bench. That things gonna fly as soon as your 2nd or 3rd bit catches hold. Work to get a curl or some chips.

Not to be rude, but was the drill in reverse? As others have mentioned, I'd personally start with a tiny, sub-pencil lead sized bit and some light oil. Keep the speed REALLY low. Apply good steady pressure and stick some scrap in the mag with enough sticking out to clamp to table or bench. That things gonna fly as soon as your 2nd or 3rd bit catches hold. Work to get a curl or some chips.

I tried 3 of these with same results. Only 2 of these bits were ever used as far as I can tell or not used enough to matter.

Every bit just spins with no Bite. I believe its a matter of pressure. I am only putting mild pressure against it for fear of deforming the mag so I think the fix is finding some scrap to stick inside to support putting more pressure on it.

https://mega.nz/file/3GRFBCxC#H2UllA2K1TjYT4yscitly2fa00E9tV61If5d9eSRMHs

Attachments

• 20201206_194129.jpg
    20201206_194129.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 15
Back
Top Bottom