• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Life Advice?

yeah man. Anytime. You don’t have to do all those things, you can if you want, but pick and choose 3-4 to focus on. College or a trade needs to be your number 1 priority, though. What school are you attending or attended?
I’m currently at UNG (university of north Georgia)

Dude you’re set! My bro went there, graduated from ROTC, he’s on year 12 in the GANG as a cpt about to pin major, and he has a great civilian job. All his friends who went to UNG are very successful. 28-31 year olds making 75-90k a year.

Do not drop out! Get your degree! It needs to be STEM if you have time to change it. My company just hired an auburn grad who was dicking around in school. He graduated at 25 as a chemical engineer and he makes 90k a year 6 months out of college. I hate school but managed to graduate from a great undergrad and then get a masters degree from the university of Missouri. If I can do it anyone can. There’s still hope!! stay focused!!

Dude you’re set! My bro went there, graduated from ROTC, he’s on year 12 in the GANG as a cpt about to pin major, and he has a great civilian job. All his friends who went to UNG are very successful. 28-31 year olds making 75-90k a year.

Do not drop out! Get your degree! It needs to be STEM if you have time to change it. My company just hired an auburn grad who was dicking around in school. He graduated at 25 as a chemical engineer and he makes 90k a year 6 months out of college. I hate school but managed to graduate from a great undergrad and then get a masters degree from the university of Missouri. If I can do it anyone can. There’s still hope!! stay focused!!
Sound advice imo :thumb:

My advice to you hang in there im 43 didn't figure out what I wanted to do until 4 yrs ago and for God sake I sure wouldn't look to an open forum from absolute strangers to give you advice. Try praying to the man upstairs. Good luck brother

You have received some great advice here. Your challenge is to sort out which of that advice applies to you. Throughout the thread, as we’ve learned more about you, it seems you are not as lost as your initial post would indicate. You aren’t going through anything that most everyone here has.
My $0.02...
Get the testing to determine your likes and aptitude. Are you a verbal person or a math person? I can talk the horns off a billy goat, but 2+2 doesn’t always equal 4 for me.
One of my running buddies back in the day left school due to the age old problem of drinking, whooring, and weed. He went into the Army for 2 years and left it straightened out. Went to juco for a year, dean’s list, 2 years at Georgia Tech, dean’s list for 2 years, and 30+ years at Georgia Power.
I have no personal knowledge of ADHD, but believe it is a catch all for lively children the teachers don’t want to handle. If it had been a thing in the early 60s, I promise you I would have been diagnosed. Many adult, especially salesmen, use the “I have ADHD” excuse for why they are assholes. Just saying.
I’d find a church with a strong men’s group. Ours has guys from all walks of life, all jobs, and all paygrades, any of whom woulD be happy to

I joined the Army at 26. And like many people are saying, I still don’t know what I want to do. And no offense to you or the recruiter but the ADHD thing is BS. Go to another recruiter. Don’t tell them you have ADHD. I have served with men that have Aspergers and are considered to be “on the spectrum” but are the smartest dudes I’ve ever met. Am I telling you to lie? No. But just don’t bring it up. If you want to join bad enough, you can. I’m also not telling you to go join though, because it’s not for everyone.

I’m currently at UNG (university of north Georgia)
You see that blue construction fence on campus? Contact those guys and get your butt to work. Learn how to accomplish something. Throw yourself into work and learn. School will be more appreciated after you gain some experience.
I had that problem at your age. Finally figured out it was a lack of oxygen issue. I had not lived long enough to pump it into my brain to get it to work right. Takes time.

Back
Top Bottom