• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Life Advice?

You have got to me absolutely ****ting me with this b.s. How fubar is this site for allowing this even to happen. Life advice?
Did you read the same original post as I did? The young man is working and going to school, seems to be doing just fine but wanted a little life advice from older gentleman, many who are happy to share.

The only BS that shouldn't be allowed is your stupid rant.

Check your messages son. We never came to a single deal much less 2. We talked sure but never agreed to a thing. Check yourself!!

On paper, I have the best life ever. Inside I feel lost and like I don’t belong. You’re not alone. My brother is 22 and for a second I thought it was him posting. There are a ton of men who feel like you. Whatever you do don’t find a girlfriend or wife. That will only complicate things.

1. you need to finish you’re degree, force yourself to do a STEM field

2. join the military. Who cares about “ADHD.” Pull it out of your files. I’ve seen dudes with way worse still come in. I have eczema and still did 8 active and I’m currently in the reserves.

3. focus on exercising, lifting, running, CrossFit, join a league of some type

4. focus on hobbies. I assume you like guns? I was into trap and skeet for a while and moved over to PRS. That keeps me grounded and sane.

5. if you’re working on the side, learn about investing and good money practices. Managing money correctly can be fun and exciting.

6. if college doesn’t workout, and that ok, find a trade. Welding, plumbing, carpentry, cabinet making, gunsmithing, etc.

7. Don’t compare yourself to others ever!! I do this constantly and it’s leading to my current state. I set expectations for myself way too high and I don’t take time to enjoy the now.

8. Focus on the present. Focus on the 16 hours you have today. Don’t worry about yesterday or tomorrow. The only thing you live in and can influence is the 16 hours you have now.

9. Remember happiness is only temporary. Without sadness or being lost we would never know what true happiness and self worth is. Everyone has highs and lows. Youre in a low. Me too. It’s ok.

I’ve been around the world twice, I’ve seen a lot, and come to realize I know nothing. There are a lot of people out there, and they’ve at one point in their lives experienced what you are feeling now. You’ll figure it out, and drive on.

On paper, I have the best life ever. Inside I feel lost and like I don’t belong. You’re not alone. My brother is 22 and for a second I thought it was him posting. There are a ton of men who feel like you. Whatever you do don’t find a girlfriend or wife. That will only complicate things.

1. you need to finish you’re degree, force yourself to do a STEM field

2. join the military. Who cares about “ADHD.” Pull it out of your files. I’ve seen dudes with way worse still come in. I have eczema and still did 8 active and I’m currently in the reserves.

3. focus on exercising, lifting, running, CrossFit, join a league of some type

4. focus on hobbies. I assume you like guns? I was into trap and skeet for a while and moved over to PRS. That keeps me grounded and sane.

5. if you’re working on the side, learn about investing and good money practices. Managing money correctly can be fun and exciting.

6. if college doesn’t workout, and that ok, find a trade. Welding, plumbing, carpentry, cabinet making, gunsmithing, etc.

7. Don’t compare yourself to others ever!! I do this constantly and it’s leading to my current state. I set expectations for myself way too high and I don’t take time to enjoy the now.

8. Focus on the present. Focus on the 16 hours you have today. Don’t worry about yesterday or tomorrow. The only thing you live in and can influence is the 16 hours you have now.

9. Remember happiness is only temporary. Without sadness or being lost we would never know what true happiness and self worth is. Everyone has highs and lows. Youre in a low. Me too. It’s ok.

I’ve been around the world twice, I’ve seen a lot, and come to realize I know nothing. There are a lot of people out there, and they’ve at one pony in their lives experienced what you are feeling now. You’ll figure it out, and drive on.
This is all very helpful! I appreciate your advice! Thank you.

This is all very helpful! I appreciate your advice! Thank you.

yeah man. Anytime. You don’t have to do all those things, you can if you want, but pick and choose 3-4 to focus on. College or a trade needs to be your number 1 priority, though. What school are you attending or attended?

Back
Top Bottom