• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Life Advice?

First, figure out what personality type you are:
https://www.16personalities.com/

If you do this honestly, it will help you to understand your strong traits and weak traits and will recommend some career paths.

Secondly, do you have any hobbies? If so, it may be that your hobby could become a career. (For example, if you enjoy video games, there are people who play video games professionally, and also those who create them for a living. Fishing guide, etc.)

Another route would be to look at career fields that are always in demand and well paid. (Think medical careers like nursing, dental hygiene, physical therapy, etc or Information Technology, network admin, cyber security, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, etc) Learn a well paid trade and be able to enjoy your life outside of work.

What careers do your parents/family have? Anything that might interest you?

My grandparents were teachers, something I was never interested in due to the low compensation and thankless, time-demanding job it is much of the time. But they loved it.

My goal was to be a doctor, about halfway through my premed I realized that I didn't have the money/financial backing (and didn't want the loans for) another couple years of undergrad and then med school. I debated on pursing a career in IT as I enjoyed building computers and gaming, but also knew that I enjoyed helping others. So I changed directions (with my then fiance, now wife) and we both decided to get into nursing and work our way towards being an MD. Fast forward, we've both been nurses for nearly 10 years now, are enjoying it and advancing our careers/education in nursing while making good money and raising a family.
That a really cool assessment. Thank you for your service

Back
Top Bottom