• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Kids under 19 buying pistols

Should people under 21 have their own pistols?

• Yes

Votes: 50 76.9%
  • No

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • Depends on if their life is in Danger

Votes: 5 7.7%

• Total voters
If they have solid feedback and are very transparent about the fact that they are not 21 I say sure!! I remember being there a couple years ago and I missed out on some nice guns because people wouldn't sell to me and most that wouldn't were quite rude....funny thing is now I have had those same members try to purchase things from me that I posted at good prices. Had to politely turn them down....

Go with your gut. The pestering might have put me off as well, grown ups "generally" don't do that. If you seem desperate to buy no matter what your age I would pause.

I was an NCO with almost 3 years in service decades back when I came home from overseas and still was unable to walk in a bar off-base in California and have a beer (joined at 17). Seemed pretty strange given the entirety of the situation and the fact I grew up in a state that had an 18 year old drinking age which was all but ignored by LE.

If an active duty person approached me here on the ODT I would most likely not think twice about it regardless of age.

Last edited:
Whatever dude. The guy can legally own and buy a handgun at the age of 18 from a private seller. What's there to think about? The responsibility is on him. If I had the item for sale, I'd sell it to him, given that he is not a felon , and has GA ID.

Last edited:
Sure it could still be used for home defense, but he could legally buy a rifle or shotgun for that.

1. He can LEGALLY buy a handgun as well.
2. I carry a handgun in my car, not a shotgun, or a rifle as "Home Defense". The car being an extension of your home, that is.

Last edited:
Should 19 year olds have machine guns?

1935248_1203626220963_4162857_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom