• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Kids under 19 buying pistols

Should people under 21 have their own pistols?

• Yes

Votes: 50 76.9%
  • No

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • Depends on if their life is in Danger

Votes: 5 7.7%

• Total voters
I don't think you can be a cop or deputy under 21. Could be wrong but I don't think so. Otherwise, I get your point. And now I know what to tell my 19 year old daughter who has no job and is currently making a worn out spot on my couch.:cool:
never mention of age daughters on the ODT..... It never ends well.

http://discoverpolicing.org/what_does_take/?fa=requirements

Minimum / Maximum Age Requirement While most agencies require you to be 21 by academy graduation date, some take cadets as young as 18. The maximum age can vary widely. Do not assume that just because you are over 30, your chances of becoming a police officer are over. Some agencies have no maximum age.

As long as it's legal to sell them a pistol, what's the problem?

What they do with it after they buy it is on THEM, not you.

I said it bothers me in general. I added the part about the full size gun after I mentioned that I'm all for people having defensive weapons. What I was aiming for saying was that it isn't a pistol meant to carry with you, so the possibility he was wanting it to defend his life in case of an emergency is greatly reduced. When I was weighing the possibility of selling to him, I was trying to take that into account to make sure I wasn't depriving a person who desperately thinks he needs protection against a pending threat, the ability to defend himself. Sure it could still be used for home defense, but he could legally buy a rifle or shotgun for that.

Back
Top Bottom