• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Kids under 19 buying pistols

Should people under 21 have their own pistols?

• Yes

Votes: 50 76.9%
  • No

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • Depends on if their life is in Danger

Votes: 5 7.7%

• Total voters
I said it bothers me in general. I added the part about the full size gun after I mentioned that I'm all for people having defensive weapons. What I was aiming for saying was that it isn't a pistol meant to carry with you, so the possibility he was wanting it to defend his life in case of an emergency is greatly reduced. When I was weighing the possibility of selling to him, I was trying to take that into account to make sure I wasn't depriving a person who desperately thinks he needs protection against a pending threat, the ability to defend himself. Sure it could still be used for home defense, but he could legally buy a rifle or shotgun for that.

Under 21 cannot legally carry a handgun for self defense so that doesn't really come into play.

Your gun, do with it what you want and sell it to who you want. There are some 40 year old men on this very site I won't sell any type of gun to.

OP and I were both approached by the same potential buyer.

I said no because of age (my choice) and I really don't care if you agree or disagree with me.

The "kid" started pestering me, multiple PM's after I told him no and even posted on my thread for sale.

He gave a bad vibe and I'm glad I told him no.

Yeah that kind of got away from the point. I was just looking for what others thought about unknown people wanting to purchase a pistol from you when they couldn't legally get one from any FFL dealer. I stand by my call, and the person in question was quite pushy and rude the first time I told them no. That was on arms list. Then they made an account on ODT and approached me again. The positive thing though, is when I asked if they were at least 21, he did come out with the fact that he is only 19. At least the guy has some honesty on him, even if it is spurred by the fact that I could ask to look at his DL.

Back
Top Bottom