• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Just let it ride, but realize

Just had a discussion with a friend about this yesterday, it's odd to me that the older you get the smaller your friend group gets...in my case I ended up with a lot of acquaintances, but very few friends. As I get older my tolerance for stupid people and bullsh*+ is constantly diminishing (not that it was ever significant to begin with), makes me pretty picky about who I am willing to give time to, not to mention trust.

Several years ago I gave a really good friend the connections to buy adjoining land to mine in NE Ga. We cleared by hand a rough 4wd road across his land to mine. He built on his land recently and had a gravel road put in. I said great can I pay to extend it into my land. He said NO, didn't want my family or others crossing his land that I set him up in. Not a friend anymore...

Anyone who calls me at 3 am is already on the not a friend list, also going straight to voicemail.

Anyone who involves me in a murder I had nothing to do with and expects me to go out in the woods with em to dig a hole is gonna end up in the ****ing hole.

If you can't cover up your **** by yourself you definitely aren't smart enough to not get caught and then rat me out for helping you, maybe try to pin the whole thing on me.

If you were actually my friend you'd take care of your own business and not **** in my bed. How stupid or desperate do you have to be to involve anyone else in getting rid of a body. In the time it takes to call me I could have thought up ten better things to do with the ****ing body, none of them involving a co-conspirator. You ever watch the news and see how everyone gets caught, two people can keep a secret if one of them is dead.
Thank ****ing god i don’t know you!!! You sound like a stand up guy

Not really, you know if you or Bulldog, or Southern call me, I'm driving before I ask where I'm going... Sawzall and barrel of acid is all I'm bringing..
See some folks get it, but then again that southern backwoods way is lost in todays “ME ME ME” society

Just had a discussion with a friend about this yesterday, it's odd to me that the older you get the smaller your friend group gets...in my case I ended up with a lot of acquaintances, but very few friends. As I get older my tolerance for stupid people and bullsh*+ is constantly diminishing (not that it was ever significant to begin with), makes me pretty picky about who I am willing to give time to, not to mention trust.
Agreed

I can make this simple,

Acquaintance; someone you hang out with, friendly have drinks and chill. These are plentiful

Friend; the person you can call at 3AM to help you bury the body and know they wouldn’t ever breathe a word of it. These you can count on one hand.

And that’s the difference
I don’t have to worry about getting that call .

My best friend owns a backhoe.

But yeah , I thought everyone had heard the old saying that the fastest way to get rid of friends or family is to loan them money .

Back
Top Bottom