• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Just had a guy Flake on a trade deal. Lesson learned, communicate with anyone you don't know by PM.

Drove once thru a rain storm and waited 45 mins for a no-show, when I called to see where it was, he tells me he sold to someone else, another I drove one way a hundred miles, waited and hour, called several times with no answer and returned home. There are some SOB's on here and some Great Guys, don't let the crap heads get to you. I use the ignore and feedback. Once on ignore, I wouldn't give you a bandage for a bullet wound cause I consider you untrustworthy to deal with. It's a shame a few ruin it for so many, but they can be weeded out, Happy Trading and GLWS :thumb:

I had a similar situation, guy committed to buy, I drove 30 miles and when I finally got him on the phone he said he forgot and was out picking up a gun cabinet. Backed out of the deal because now he didn't have the money, also claimed to be an Army Reservist

Had one other guy a soldier no show after he committed to buy and set a meeting time and location.

Overall not bad but now I confirm, confirm and confirm BEFORE I get in the car!

Last edited:
Never had anybody flake out, but I do not have nearly as many trades either. My cellphone is voice ONLY, so texting is not option for me or the other party.

I haven't been burnt yet and no one has back out on a deal with me. Guess I am just lucky. I have meet a lot of great people from this trader. Some of my best friends came from meets on the ODT. I think most everyone here is stand up. Key word being MOST.

I do and always have done all of my communications through PM though. Atleast until a deal has been made and a time and place set. We can then switch to Text or Calls when heading to the meet.

I had a similar situation, guy committed to buy, I drove 30 miles and when I finally got him on the phone he said he forgot and was out picking up a gun cabinet. Backed out of the deal because now he didn't have the money, also claimed to be an Army Reservist

Had one other guy a soldier no show after he committed to buy and set a meeting time and location.

Overall not bad but now I confirm, confirm and confirm BEFORE I get in the car!

I have found that folks that have to claim disability, military or Christian affiliation to make them seem more trustworthy, usually aren't worth dealing with.

I have found that folks that have to claim disability, military or Christian affiliation to make them seem more trustworthy, usually aren't worth dealing with.
This

If you are trustworthy you shouldnt feel the need to build an ethos based on affiliation with some group

Once I get past being mad , I wonder what the motivation or thought process is for what I call "gaming" playing like a legit buyer , seller , trader.
WHY?

I have too much stress to create more. However they may not get stressed because its a game to them.

Back
Top Bottom