• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

... just a lower class of trader lately?

overdfl

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
42   0
Reaction score
I know I know, beating the dead horse, but I really gotta get this off my chest.
I have not listed anything for sale (cell or sail) for quite some time. However, I have been watch the WTB area to see what folks are looking for. If I have listed one of those items for sale previously, I'd send a PM and say I still have this and send a link to the previous listing. I have not changed any prices.
I set 4 separate deals last week this way... 4. Communication with all the folks seemed to be good to above average. Ratings were fine although a few were single digits. Anyway, today was supposed to be the last deal (I actually held the item an extra week so help the buyer out). Out of 4 deals set and communicated 2 happened and 2 just didn't show up. On the 2 no shows, everything was confirmed the day before and the communication was fine up until the day of. Then... nothing, crickets, nada, no response AT ALL.

Look, if something comes up or change your mind, just let me know. Having me drive to the location and wait an hour for you to not show up or call is not only rude, but also disrespectful of my time.

Rant over. Live and learn. But over the many years I have been trading here I have never had 50% of folks no show and just flake out.

Rant not over... :rolleyes:

I mean if you change your mind, find a better deal, something pops up, whatever... just let me know. To just not do anything, no call, text, PM, smoke signals, nothing.
In all my previous dealings on here I can count on 1 hand how many negatives I have given. Is it the Covid causing folks to just not care?

iu

Rant not over... :rolleyes:

I mean if you change your mind, find a better deal, something pops up, whatever... just let me know. To just not do anything, no call, text, PM, smoke signals, nothing.
In all my previous dealings on here I can count on 1 hand how many negatives I have given. Is it the Covid causing folks to just not care?
I’m with you brother. Same issue happened to me tonight had place set sent time to meet and nothing been over 2 hours and he’s been on looking at other threads so I sent 2 PM’s and no responses so I have decided to not go cause there’s been no response. Meets over and hour and a half away. Guy has no feedback thought I’d take a chance but should have know better!!

I have never had someone just not show up. But, now that I’ve said it, I’m sure it’ll happen!

Until this week... me either.

I've had folks just go silent or come up with some kind of excuse. Thats fine, slightly annoying, but I can understand. But to confirm the day before and then not show up the day of... I don't understand.

I guess I'm gonna have to have a MUST contact 1 hour before agreed upon time disclosure added. You'd think that a confirmation less than 24 hours in advance would be good enough. I guess not.

Back
Top Bottom