• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

... just a lower class of trader lately?

None of this is any different than during the Panic of 2013. Probably the same as 2008 but that predates my ODT timeframe.

I offered to buy some .223 that was on the lower end of the COVID spectrum. Tried to set up a time and place for a week until I finally gave up. I got short responses and even a few “I’ll let you know” claims.....guess they want to hold out until election time and add $200 to the price?
Mane, do you even odt?
That's obviously code for "up your bid"!

why stress over a deal

I never go out on a limb for any deal
I dealt with a NEW member Saturday, he had 0 feedback and been a Member for 5 days
he meet me at the church up the road (where I do all my deals) and messaged me when he got there; he drove from Cumming
he now has 1 POSITIVE

I see some adds that state " I will not deal with a NEW Member with 0 feedback or require 5 Positive; well we all started with 0 feedback ...

I just checked, this New Member now has 2 Positives

make it easy on yourself, make them come to you

why stress over a deal

I never go out on a limb for any deal
I dealt with a NEW member Saturday, he had 0 feedback and been a Member for 5 days
he meet me at the church up the road (where I do all my deals) and messaged me when he got there; he drove from Cumming
he now has 1 POSITIVE

I see some adds that state " I will not deal with a NEW Member with 0 feedback or require 5 Positive; well we all started with 0 feedback ...

I just checked, this New Member now has 2 Positives

make it easy on yourself, make them come to you
I agree.... I’ve been a member of the site for 10 years, since the founding. Knock on wood, but I’ve never been stood up or ghosted on a meet. I just make sure that the new members meet close to me. I don’t do a lot of transactions , as you can see from my stats. The ones I do, I’m pretty particular about though....

I’m ok with doing a deal with a newbie ( as long as he doesn’t start outta the gate with a neg), but they will be meeting near me on my terms. Also, if two people msg me about a deal at the same time and one is a seasoned member, I will answer them first

I’ve never ghosted or been ghosted. Sure, some people have been a few minutes late, but always good communication to let the other party know there’s slow drivers on the roadways. I feel bad for pulling out of a deal a couple days ago, but I wrote that I was changing my mind and gave the reasons why and apologized for any inconvenience and he has it back up and SPM again with someone else. (Hopefully) no harm, no foul. Agree though, and this current market and behavior does have me think twice bout dealing with anyone with low or no feedback. I’ve never had reason, or given anyone reason, to warrant negative feedback, so I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt still. I must say, I’ve only met awesome people on here.
As long as it’s communicated hey I’ve changed my mind I’m ok with that. To me it speaks of your character, the willingness to man up and just say I don’t want it or have changed my mind is honorable!! I’ve had 3 deals go south this week alone, it’s a first for me. I haven’t ever experienced anything like this before. 2 of the three straight ghosted one decided he didn’t want it after I asked to keep communication in side PM and didn’t send him my number. He was pissy about it, which told me I’m glad I didn’t deal with him.

It’s definitely different times on here. Wonder if it’s time to just take a break and let things calm down. It’s sad cause I’ve meet some really good folks here and finally found a place I felt like I belonged and then the run of bad luck has me second guessing it all.

Back
Top Bottom