• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I've been so stupid, finally worked out what PCC means

Asks a price control wannabe.

Show me where I ever once asked for price controls to be put in place. Time to put up, or... Well if I continue that statement I will get another warning point for "being rude"... So you can connect the dots.

You keep making the claim... so time to back it up son! Show me where I said that there should be controls, or that the forum should limit prices via some sort of mechanism.

I will wait. You have your task, execute on it, if you can. :-)

Show me where I ever once asked for price controls to be put in place. Time to put up, or... Well if I continue that statement I will get another warning point for "being rude"... So you can connect the dots.

You keep making the claim... so time to back it up son! Show me where I said that there should be controls, or that the forum should limit prices via some sort of mechanism.

I know Son! No, I don't think you have ever said that at all but you are wanting to shame people that set their price so that they would sell lower in the future. Maybe that is a form of price control Son.

Are you saying that you think that everyone can post their price, no matter what, and it is OK with you?

I know Son! No, I don't think you have ever said that at all but you are wanting to shame people that set their price so that they would sell lower in the future. Maybe that is a form of price control Son.

That's how the free market works. Consumers have some ability to help keep prices in check, be it by speaking out, competition, etc...

I like how you guys interpret free market to be the ability to do whatever you want, and consumers are not allowed to say anything about it... Seems a bit one-sided, no?

That's how the free market works. Consumers have some ability to help keep prices in check, be it by speaking out, competition, etc...

I like how you guys interpret free market to be the ability to do whatever you want, and consumers are not allowed to say anything about it... Seems a bit one-sided, no?
The free market works buy us thinking the price is right and buying the product or thinking it is too high and NOT buying the product.
When you see something in Walmart or Publix that seems to high, do you try to shame them by calling them out to say that the price is too high?

The free market works buy us thinking the price is right and buying the product or thinking it is too high and NOT buying the product.
When you see something in Walmart or Publix that seems to high, do you try to shame them by calling them out to say that the price is too high?

There is much more to the free market than that and you know it.

You call it "shaming"... don't be so dramatic... When someone is charging double the going price for an item, they should be laughed at. Stupidity should have consequences. :-)

There is much more to the free market than that and you know it.

You call it "shaming"... don't be so dramatic... When someone is charging double the going price for an item, they should be laughed at. Stupidity should have consequences. :-)
Do you try to shame Walmart or Publix? You can call it what you want but you know that is what it is and you know it.

Do you try to shame Walmart or Publix? You can call it what you want but you know that is what it is and you know it.

I have. If they have something that is completely out of whack, I can and have taken it up with them. Social Media is another great venue to apply pressure to get a resolution on something. Social Media gets great results because millions see it.

You are still arguing a point though, that nobody is making. We all, myself included, have agreed that the rules are the rules as pertaining to arguing about price in someone's listing.

We get it, we get why, nobody that I see is asking for that rule to go away.

That kid that bough the patents to the epipen... How did that get resolved? Because consumers had a voice.

Why do we have laws against monopolies? Why even have consumer protection laws? If the free market is solely defined and kept in check by the sole act of buying vs not buying, why is anything above and beyond that needed?

Just roll those back, and let anyone do whatever they want.

I have. If they have something that is completely out of whack, I can and have taken it up with them. Social Media is another great venue to apply pressure to get a resolution on something. Social Media gets great results because millions see it.

You are still arguing a point though, that nobody is making. We all, myself included, have agreed that the rules are the rules as pertaining to arguing about price in someone's listing.

We get it, we get why, nobody that I see is asking for that rule to go away.

That kid that bough the patents to the epipen... How did that get resolved? Because consumers had a voice.

Why do we have laws against monopolies? Why even have consumer protection laws? If the free market is solely defined and kept in check by the sole act of buying vs not buying, why is anything above and beyond that needed?

Just roll those back, and let anyone do whatever they want.
Nope, like you said, "rules are rules" and I reckon they will stay that way until the owner decides to change them.

I can sorta agree with that. If people are free to ask what they want on an item, people should be free to call out the ridiculous.
And in turn the seller should be free to refute the ridicule.

Back
Top Bottom