• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I've been so stupid, finally worked out what PCC means

Well, when we can google it, or walk into half a dozen gun stores and pay pre-covid prices... What makes your $478 Glock worth $800?
NOTHING! If that's what you want for it, it doesn't matter. What makes it worth $478?? Glock builds them for about $40..they charge way more that that to dealers....DIRTY GOUGERS!

Actually, the thing that makes it worth $478, makes it worth $800. Someone agrees that the price is worth the cost.

Dime bag of 22lr, 10 fer $10, should get the PCC panties twisted in a knot.

This is a very polarizing topic, and it has divided ODT into two camps. One camp is the side supporting of, and doing the outrageous pricing and gouging their fellow ODT members... and the other camp, that is tired of it and whining about it.

Watching all of these threads, makes it abundantly clear who falls into which camp. So in that sense, these threads do perform a valid service to the community. :-)

This is a very polarizing topic, and it has divided ODT into two camps. One camp is the side supporting of, and doing the outrageous pricing and gouging their fellow ODT members... and the other camp, that is tired of it and whining about it.

Watching all of these threads, makes it abundantly clear who falls into which camp. So in that sense, these threads do perform a valid service to the community. :-)
Can you identify a single person that has been "gouged".

That's in the eye of the beholder I think. If one person thinks .45 per round of 9mm ammo is insane, then the second person who buys is has been gouged according to the first person. Even though the buyer thinks is a fair price and not gouged in his/her eyes.

I have the philosophy that if 2 men walk away from a deal they both agree on then it’s a fair deal. On the other hand of panic prices are more than retail then whoever does those deals needs to be shot for driving up prices.

That's in the eye of the beholder I think. If one person thinks .45 per round of 9mm ammo is insane, then the second person who buys is has been gouged according to the first person. Even though the buyer thinks is a fair price and not gouged in his/her eyes.
The easy solution is don't buy it if it's not worth it. If you ending up shelling out the cash...it was worth it.

There is a third camp, which I am in, that supports peoples rights to ask what they will but does not participate in pricing at inflated prices. I recently sold 10 mm for under retail and less than the prices listed on out of stock ammo. I don’t make a living selling this stuff and don’t feel compelled to try to get the highest dollar possible out of it, neither do I whine about what others charge. Their business.

Back
Top Bottom