• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I'll take It!

Sounds all to familiar. Seems there are a handful of people around here that don't understand how the system works. Maybe they should start getting banned if they leave a deal open like that. Just my opinion.

I've posted ads then had to run off to do other things and found a string of 'he's not answering PMs!!!" comments later that day when I checked back in. That's one reason I always put something about being patient for replies in all my postings now.

On the flip side, if I have something posted, especially something new, I usually try and list it when I have time to actually keep up with the responses. I've never listed something then flown out of town for a week.

always gonna be some butthurt in dealing with people.Just say **** em and move on they are surely not worth the grief.BTW **** EM

I look at it (how an ad is framed) the same as I tell other sales folks I work with:

Set an expectaion for a return call / return email and exceed the expectation.

In other words if you might have difficulty responding within 12 hours of whatever put that in the ad. Set expectation and exceed it.

Not checking is like baiting hooks on a trot line and not coming back to check for fish, just dont.

If I have something posted I try to be diligent about checking for PMs. I also have email alerts set up. I typically put my phone number in the ad as well so we can cut to the chase a little quicker. If I PMed "I'll take it" 3 minutes after an ad posted and got no response, I'd be a little pissed, too. He probably thought that if it was going to sell that quickly he could get more for it. I hope the guy sits on it forever now!

Back
Top Bottom