• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I'll take It!

Everything happens for a reason. I used to get pissed when this would happen to me also. But nowadays, I look at things in a different light. If it is meant to be, so be it. If it ain't so be it. carry on,,,

I was raised in a different time, Damn glad that I was. Those that know me, know that when I say something, it is my word

I was raised in a different time, Damn glad that I was. Those that know me, know that when I say something, it is my word
I'm 52 and am about as ole school as anyone. A man's word used to have value, but not so much these days, especially with the younger generation. I know exactly how you feel about what happened as it has been done to me on many occasions. I just got to where it doesn't bother me like it used to. It's "shotty" to say the least, but so is a lot of other things these days. I just don't let too much get to me anymore. Good luck with your future deals.

Ok lets just say thread was posted, three minutes later I had all ready sent a pm. I'll take It! send me your phone number and I will pick it up tomorrow..No return pm and comments were closed on thread within a minute after my pm...Just sayin..If someone gives me a full boat offer, I would at least let them know it was already sold, Or I decided not to sell
I posted my Bersa 380 for sale Friday afternoon and it was about 30 minutes before I got the first " I'll take it" PM. And I sent a PM back with details about meeting for the deal. After that I had probably 2 comments and PMs about it from guys that were closer to me and could get here same day. But I told them they could certainly be backup buyers but I had to stick by my deal with the first guy that called dibs.
I answer all my PMs pretty quickly but then I don't have a job or much of a life. There's no valid reason for another member not to answer your PM even if its to tell you kiss my ass you're too late. It takes hardly any time and effort at all.

I'm 52 and am about as ole school as anyone. A man's word used to have value, but not so much these days, especially with the younger generation. I know exactly how you feel about what happened as it has been done to me on many occasions. I just got to where it doesn't bother me like it used to. It's "shotty" to say the least, but so is a lot of other things these days. I just don't let too much get to me anymore. Good luck with your future deals.
I know plenty of old timers whom do not keep their word. Dang nab it!

Really don't understand? If you send a pm at their asking price, and they don't answer even with a post..DJD.
Maybe they just haven't seen it yet, sometimes, I haven't looked to see if someone responded, but I will answer all PM's in time. Hopefully that's the case. if not, put the bum on your ignore list :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom