• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I was stopped at a road block last night.

I had a female officer SHOOT my glock before.... She wanted to make it empty to make her feel safe. The idiot racked the slide then took the magazine out and pulled the trigger towards the ditch and BOOM!!!!

The worst part was is SHE CARRIED A GLOCK!!!! That right there showed me she has no F'ing training with how to use it!

I WILL NEVER AGAIN DISCLOSE I HAVE ONE!

Almost as bad as the airport cop firing the revolver to "render it safe".

If you're gonna continue to use my quote you should at least cite the proper US Supreme Court case in it. Otherwise it just looks like you're being an asshole by using it. :D

A. I am an asshole.
B. I don't agree with Graham v. Connor. It is about the excessive force. However I have issue with the initial stop itself. Entering and leaving a store hastily should not be grounds for an "investigative stop". However I don't know the history of the store, the area, etc so I can see when it may have been.
http://www.fletc.gov/training/progr...ce/podcast-transcripts/PartIGrahamvConnor.pdf
"Mr. Graham had suffered cuts on his wrist, a bruised forehead, a broken bone in his foot, an injured shoulder, and persistent ringing in his ears." was it becuse he ran around the car 2 times once pulled over? Kinda stupid on his part, it just escalated the situation. Should he have been cuffed and stuffed after that? Sure. However I shouldn't suffer broken bones during a road side investigation in which I was RELEASED from. I wasn't there. I don't care what the SCOTUS says in this case, a broken bone to most reasonable people is excessive. BUT I am not going to spend hours on it just for you. I particularly like in your other link how if you read it, the other Charlotte officers at the scene curse and use derogatory terms towards Graham. VERY professional. Based on their words and actions I think their actions were malicious and sadistic, they gave Graham NO reasonable thought that he may be innocent. They (the back up officers not the initial one) treated him as guilty right off the bat.

OK...... All I said was you might want to quote the actual case LOL. I already know that you don't agree with it, wozbean. Its actually for the LEO instead of against him :D

Serious questions...

How is it polite or impolite whether you disclose or not?

How is it courteous or discourteous whether you disclose or not?

How does it make the officer any safer if you disclose or not?

How will it make things easier or more difficult if you disclose or not?

These questions are based on the assumption that it is just your everyday, average stop. If the officer wants you to get out of the car, sure, disclose. Otherwise, how does it benefit either one of you to do so? I mean, I have been pulled over multiple times. I have never been asked to get out of my car.

If a cop asks I will tell him, but I won't I won't hand them over to him, legally you don't have to. If he wants to continue the stop outside of the car so be it. If he doesn't know the law and slams me on my face, jackpot.

Serious questions...

How is it polite or impolite whether you disclose or not?

How is it courteous or discourteous whether you disclose or not?

How does it make the officer any safer if you disclose or not?

How will it make things easier or more difficult if you disclose or not?

These questions are based on the assumption that it is just your everyday, average stop. If the officer wants you to get out of the car, sure, disclose. Otherwise, how does it benefit either one of you to do so? I mean, I have been pulled over multiple times. I have never been asked to get out of my car.

Cops get killed at road blocks. By letting them know you are armed it is way to make it clear you ARE NOT a threat. If for any reason a cop asks you to exit the vehicle and you have not informed them you are armed by then, it can make for a rather tense moment for everyone involved.

Cops get killed at road blocks. By letting them know you are armed it is way to make it clear you ARE NOT a threat. If for any reason a cop asks you to exit the vehicle and you have not informed them you are armed by then, it can make for a rather tense moment for everyone involved.

Which is why I said, if the officer asks you to get out of the car, sure, disclose. Otherwise, what's the point?

Which is why I said, if the officer asks you to get out of the car, sure, disclose. Otherwise, what's the point?

Read it again. If you wait until you are asked to leave the car, the first thought the officer will have is "Why did he try to hide this from me" and you become more suspicious to him.

Read it again. If you wait until you are asked to leave the car, the first thought the officer will have is "Why did he try to hide this from me" and you become more suspicious to him.
so? let him be suspicious

its not his job to seek a crime out, its his job to write a ticket and/or make sure your driving safe (this is in regards to a traffic stop of course)

has nothing to do with you exercising your rights

Back
Top Bottom