• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I was stopped at a road block last night.

Interesting was anybody stopped with a loaded AK or ar15 in the trunk ?

my buddy got stopped at a traffic block, had a winchester shotgun in plain view in the backseat. he said the cops made no mention of it. he thought they just might not have noticed it

On the rare occasion that I get stopped, I usually hand over my ccw and DL at the same time. It an easy way to non-verbally inform the Officer that you're armed. You never know how an officer will react to the word "gun". Usually, it's gets me a warning instead of a ticket. A couple of times the Officer struck up a conversation about guns afterwards and they were obviously gun guys. I've only had one bad experience in 15 years. A city cop stopped me and when he found out I had a weapon in the car, he made me get out and stand by the tailgate while retrieved the gun. He proceeded to run my plates & did a serial number check on the gun. I thought the whole thing was ridiculous, since I had made it clear that I was licensed & legal. It was a hassle, but he let me off with a warning in the end. To this day, I still wonder if that was even legal.
I do this. Both at same time. Seems to be appreciated be LEO.

Last time I stopped at a road block I handed the officer my license and gwl because I probably had 3 or 4 firearms in the vehicle and he threw it back at me and said I dont need that, I don't think he even realized what it was lol.

I normally have a pistol laying out in the open while driving, either in the passenger seat or in the back seat where it is easy to get to if needed. I have been stopped on more than one ocassion and also have been through a few road blocks. In all of the times the officers saw the pistol and never have said a word to me or gave me any slack about it.

I too had a positive experience with a LEO during a traffic stop. I was pulled for speeding, which I was. (50mph in a 35). Disclosed the fact I had a weapon in the vehicle. Provided all info he requested. (DL, Ins, Reg, and CWP) He ask where the weapon was located, I told him. He returned shorty to give me my items, remind me of the posted speed limit, thanked me for my honesty, handed me a warning, and sent me on my way! Positive experience for sure!!!

Back
Top Bottom