• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

I still don't get the point of 300 blackout

That sure looks like the silencershop guy.

To be fair inhandloads the 6.8 and 7.62x39 can replicate most of the properties of 300blk and even beat it out in certain areas. Apparently the 308 can too, but I'm wondering what was involved in terms of adjustable gas blocks, buffer springs, etc..

Well, even if he is someone of report, it still isn't commercially available so in my mind it isn't viable. Having said that though, and I guess I should go back and edit the post, none of the vids NWS posted are in AR15/M16 pattern hosts, which is what the 300blk was designed for.

In that platform rifle, only the 6.8 you mentioned would be competition.

Just giving you crap man. I kinda got over suppressed semi auto pretty quick. I'm all about the bolt guns right now.

Oh, I know...but your points are valid. My original point was that to take the ar15/m16 pattern rifles up to .30 caliber and suppress them, there is no competition (in my mind) for the 300blk.

Now, if you want to change host weapons (ie: exactly what you posted), then the conversation changes.

Oh, I know...but your points are valid. My original point was that to take the ar15/m16 pattern rifles up to .30 caliber and suppress them, there is no competition (in my mind) for the 300blk.

Now, if you want to change host weapons (ie: exactly what you posted), then the conversation changes.

if factory subs in 6.8 existed I would never even think of 300blk. 6.8 terminal ballistics are just sick and the ability to shoot 200gr subs that cycle are decent enough for me, but I'm sure some people lie that the 300blk can get heavier and will likely have more subsonic expansion.

Back
Top Bottom