• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

I still don't get the point of 300 blackout

madmarinehays

Marines Icon Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
268   0
Reaction score
So really 7.62x35, WHY?? If you can afford shooting .60 to .80 a round, but still why? I see no major benefit of the round. I just don't see the point of it.

Update: Oct 5th, 2016 - Still don't see the point of 300blk. 7.62x39 just as good and 1/3 to 1/4 the price.

I never had any interest till I had a can on the way. It's designed to be a short barreled suppressed round. Anything else and your not doing it right.

125 gr 300 hits harder than a 62 gr 556. Also shoots subs interchangibly in the same mag. A few subs for room entry then supers to clean house

For me, it serves no purpose other than to empty my wallet faster. That's why I sold my 300 upper to a buddy. 6.8 SPC though....

I am speaking beyond my knowledge level a bit here, but 300 Blackout makes perfect sense to me...

Great for shorter ranges, harder hitting, fits in an AR-15 by only using a different barrel, uses same magazines as 5.56.

You can shoot 300 Blackout all day and not bruise your shoulder like .308 does.

I know 7.62 x 39 has similar ballistics, but it will not run in an AR-15 without major changes. 6.8spc also will not load in an AR-15 without major differences.

I don't give a darn about suppressors - I am not going to pay $1,000 for a stamp and a can and beg for permission when I can just stick some ear plugs in...

Back
Top Bottom