• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

I still don't get the point of 300 blackout

I can not get past the fact that so many Americans have been killed with them. Those are the tools of our enemy...
they have also been used by our forces and our allies

i mean, whats better to kill communists with than commie forged steel? the irony alone is enough for me

#irony-sights

HAHAH

I like it for the ability to run as a suppressed short barrel, but I already had a can before 300 came out. I'm also reloading it for the same price as buying 223 so I can understand the cost being a factor for some.

Pointless unless suppressed, and running 240 gr. bullets. Which means you need a twist rate that's inappropriate for supersonic loads... Maybe my figuring is wrong, but since I don't ever see this discussed, I'm assuming most folks are ignorant of it.

Some people like "new" stuff though-- witness the never ending parade of new cartridges for bolt guns, very few of which really offer any improvement over the ones that have been around for decades. 26 Nosler being the latest example... Ideal for folks without laser rangefinders, that won't shoot the gun more than a couple hundred times in their lifetime.

Last edited:
full powder burn in 9" of barrel. same bolt, bolt carrier, mags, and upper receiver as the 5.56 AR that you have. with a can, it's the best thing i'm aware of for HD. prefer it even over 12 gauge. when there's a home invasion, you won't have time to put in earplugs. i should not have to live with permanently damaged hearing, just because some bad guy picked the wrong house. has anybody figured out how to run a can and a bayonet on the same rig?

Back
Top Bottom