• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

I still don't get the point of 300 blackout

I don't give a darn about suppressors - I am not going to pay $1,000 for a stamp and a can and beg for permission when I can just stick some ear plugs in...

My octane 45 with stamp was about 175 short of that mark. I'll use it on the .300 plus pistols as a range toy. It has a purpose, I'm going to hunt with mine in woods behind the house. Legal distances but I'd still rather not have neighbors know I'm back there every time I shoot

Gimme a ****ing break on the damaged ear bull****. So everyone shooting a gun unsuppressed w/o hearing protection will have permanent hearing damage. Damn, your deaf and dumb w/o shooting a unsuppressed firearm. Douche!!!!!!

I've been around plenty of guns and must say more than a few times have I emptied high cap mags without plugs outside. Wished I hadn't for three days. Use one of those dog whistle apps and I can't hear some of the higher pitch stuff that others can. You only get one set of ears and need to think about how you want them to work in 30 years.

Yep.

I fired about 5 rounds from an AR with a brake with a wall about 3 feet to my left about a year ago. My left ear has never quit ringing. Its pretty damn annoying, and plus everything on that side is flat and tinny now.

And I get to put up with that for another 40 years, yeah! But thank God I wasn't a douche with a can that day.

Well let me go out and buy a $1000 set up and can for the purpose of preserving my ears in the event I have to shoot an intruder in my house. Awesome argument, and good thinking, douche #2. If you can afford to suppress your favorite firearm, so be it, but my decision will not rest on preserving my ears in the case of having to defend myself and shoot someone in my house. It is a matter of money and it's liquidity on unneeded things or priorities. Go make that argument to your wife.

Who said its all for self defense. I don't have to have those conversations with my wife. Bills are paid, I trip over kids toys continuously, and she has a closet full.

Pointless unless suppressed, and running 240 gr. bullets. Which means you need a twist rate that's inappropriate for supersonic loads... Maybe my figuring is wrong, but since I don't ever see this discussed, I'm assuming most folks are ignorant of it.

220gr. Bullets but basically you're right. 300blk is designed to not lose energy from an SBR length barrel (the way .223 does) and function an AR action at subsonic loadings. It was designed to be used in a suppressed SBR. For anything else, admittedly, there are better options. But if that's what you want? A .30 cal suppressed and quiet SBR that hits like a hammer? there's no substitute for the 300blk. And just one caveat, yes, I am biased. ;)

i195.photobucket.com_albums_z272_romilayu_IMG_20140613_174848698_zpsbez9yias.jpg

nothing like messing with POA/POI every time you switch rounds,figity gas systems and general inconsistency... hey at least its 30 cal

Gotta adjust POA/POI any time you change rounds with any significant velocity or weight difference. The fidgity gas system and general inconsistancy I am not getting.

220gr. Bullets but basically you're right. 300blk is designed to not lose energy from an SBR length barrel (the way .223 does) and function an AR action at subsonic loadings. It was designed to be used in a suppressed SBR. For anything else, admittedly, there are better options. But if that's what you want? A .30 cal suppressed and quiet SBR that hits like a hammer? there's no substitute for the 300blk. And just one caveat, yes, I am biased. ;)

i195.photobucket.com_albums_z272_romilayu_IMG_20140613_174848698_zpsbez9yias.jpg

There is one substitute. 358 Gremlin, just wish it would get on SAAMI and get popular, its the american version of 9x39 and fits in an AR.

Back
Top Bottom