I need a hardcore, no BS 4 wheel dr.

View attachment 259593View attachment 259594

1986 pristine 28K miles Mioop CUCV Diesel 28 volt that'll climb a tree
I bought it from Towns county SO, they put new everything on it, just did a crappy job with the windowshading
still has troop seat and M4 rack in back amnd night driving lights if you have NV monocular or goggles

Nice, but if you're offering, I'm not buying yet. Just complaining. LOL!

Don't know about the defenders, but the Land Rover I had was a 1996. The QC on it was terrible.

Yeah I've heard that about those. The Defenders are a whole different breed. I'd also toss a vote out for an old Toyota FJ.

I told myself in 2003 that I would never be without a four wheel drive vehicle again and have stuck with it except for a lapse in sanity in 2005 where I had a two wheel drive dually for about 6 months. Got that dually stuck twice. Never again. 99.9% of the time I don't use it, but on days like yesterday it pays for itself 10 fold.

I couldn't agree more with the comment that when you need 4wd it pays for itself 10 fold. I'm not an expert but I couldn't vouch more for the one I have that I was actually going to sell because of having too many vehicles until yesterday. My wife would have been one of the ones stuck all night if not for it. Some of my neighbors, strangers and friends as well. I have a 1994 Chevy Cheyenne Suburban 2500HD with a ranch hand brush guard and nitto trail grappler tires. I was amazed how well it performed. I never had to jump to 4wd low either. It kicked a** all night in 4wd high. You can get them cheap, parts are cheap and with a few upgrades and routine maintenance you will be good to go for awhile. Factory new engine is only 4k. I didn't mention mine has over 200k miles on it. The only issue is how tight of an area you are going to be in. It's a whale. The kids have nick named it "the beast". It has earned its place in the driveway for awhile after last night. Just a suggestion.

GEt ya an older Suzuki samurai with some 38 swampers 456 gears will near damn go anywhere and almost float across mud or look into utv market.
good idea but if your gonna get a sammy your gonna have to do a lot of drive train beefing up to run 38s.. I have owned 6 from mild to wild, even put a 350 in one...

Last edited:
View attachment 259593View attachment 259594

1986 pristine 28K miles Mioop CUCV Diesel 28 volt that'll climb a tree
I bought it from Towns county SO, they put new everything on it, just did a crappy job with the windowshading
still has troop seat and M4 rack in back amnd night driving lights if you have NV monocular or goggles

GREAT looking rig. Nice find. This is the kind of thing I will be all over once I get some cash flow.

I've owned a few and put em through their paces. Here's a recommendation based on my experience. If you can find a decently priced older jeep with the 258 6 cylinder you've struck gold. Another great choice is one of the small Toyota pickups with the 22R 4 cylinder engine. Both of these rigs are darn near bulletproof and have the features that maximize their off road capability. Mainly dependability, light weight and plenty enough engine to get em there and back without overpowering the terrain. Heavy duty suspensions and big high horsepower V8s don't mean anything when you're buried to the axles and high centered or stuck at the bottom of a slope. (been there done that) They may be fine for pulling a boat on a slick boat ramp or mud dragging but offroad or in low traction conditions light is better. Light weight lets you go through, over and up where the big rigs sink ( Cue the "Like a rock" Chevy slogan) and lose traction trying to pull all that weight. Try walking up a slick hill with a loaded backpack , then try without the backpack, Better yet go to an off road area and watch the little stock Jeeps and Yotas with a set of good tires scoot right by all the stuck big built 4x4s.
Good Luck I hope you find something to fit your needs.

GEt ya an older Suzuki samurai with some 38 swampers 456 gears will near damn go anywhere and almost float across mud or look into utv market.

The Sammy's are nice! I would go with an old Jeep with the straight 6 4.0L, it will run forever, can't say that about a lot of Chrysler products. THe only thing with a Jeep is stuff will tear up, but they will go just about anywhere and parts are easy to come by and varied.

Edit: Plus you can find and old Jeep Cherokee for a song(Less than 3K)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom