I need a hardcore, no BS 4 wheel dr.

You know where bears live right ?
A unimog wouldn't fit anywhere near a bear habitat
And neither would a lot of the other recommended vehicles..which is why I suggested an early/mid 80's Toyota 4x4 w/locker in at least the rear. To go smaller,but remain reliable would require a UTV/ATV & NO heater,creature comforts..

I have owned a Land Rover. Trust me when I tell you, you don't want one. Unreliable POS that was insanely expensive to have any work done on. I got it because of their reputation for toughness, but they have devolved into nothing more than a semi useless status symbol.

I was looking at a Land Rover in a body shop one day.The shop owner said it was a piece of junk when it rolled out of the factory.IE;poorly made

My say is a 95-99 Jeep Cherokee (not grand) with the inline 6. Put a small 3-4" suspension lift and 33's and a winch up front, you will be able to go almost anywhere in one of those bad boys. Something along these lines.

image.jpg
image.jpg

[video=youtube_share;NiIot7CDRg8]http://youtu.be/NiIot7CDRg8[/video]

I want one soooo bad

One of my buddies has a real one, and he loves it and says it CAN go almost anywhere, but if you get in deep mud you are screwed, as long as you keep it from bottoming out your great. He says his older jeep cherokee can go way more places than his hummer can, simply because of weight and overall size.

When i used to go wheeling at tellico
The small to medium sized rigs were very capable with a few mods
Small lift with 35" tires and locking diffs would go almost anywhere

Back
Top Bottom