I need a hardcore, no BS 4 wheel dr.

Bear44

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
213   0
Reaction score
I am going to be hunting a new area for bear this next fall. I have a lot of scouting to do to have even a remote chance of success. If I had a vehicle that I could actually get into the area with right now I could learn more information about bear movement, core areas, population and individual size in one afternoon in the snow than I can in months of scouting otherwise.

Instead, I'm sitting at the house and kicking myself in the ass for not holding out for a 4 wheel drive when I bought my current vehicle. :frusty:

I told myself in 2003 that I would never be without a four wheel drive vehicle again and have stuck with it except for a lapse in sanity in 2005 where I had a two wheel drive dually for about 6 months. Got that dually stuck twice. Never again. 99.9% of the time I don't use it, but on days like yesterday it pays for itself 10 fold.

F-150 ,and forget about it . If they pass all the test I have given them on the farm they will do .I am not talking 50 acre pasture farm .I am talking 4,000 acre row crop farm every day . Not the easiest on a truck.

I'd give a teste for a Land Rover Defender in excellent shape. Damn tough to find those things.

Last edited:
I'd give a teste for a Land Rover Defender in excellent shape. Damn tough to find those things.

I have owned a Land Rover. Trust me when I tell you, you don't want one. Unreliable POS that was insanely expensive to have any work done on. I got it because of their reputation for toughness, but they have devolved into nothing more than a semi useless status symbol.

When I get one it's probably going to be either a Toyota FJ Cruiser (if I want to just spend a crap load of money) or more likely an old banger Jeep.

Back
Top Bottom