I need a hardcore, no BS 4 wheel dr.

Bear country you will probably want a rock crawler type jeep, lockers front and rear lots of suspension travel with racks for hauling gear and game..

Or find an old 3/4 or 1 ton suburban or pick up... and rock on...

GEt ya an older Suzuki samurai with some 38 swampers 456 gears will near damn go anywhere and almost float across mud or look into utv market.

CUCV REAR.jpgCUCV FRONT.jpg

1986 pristine 28K miles Mioop CUCV Diesel 28 volt that'll climb a tree
I bought it from Towns county SO, they put new everything on it, just did a crappy job with the windowshading
still has troop seat and M4 rack in back amnd night driving lights if you have NV monocular or goggles

Back in the day I picked up a 73 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40. installed a LT1 350 with a kit from Downey Automotive parts. Mounted the Leaf Springs on top of the Axels and ran 38s. Installed a manual choke, could step out of the LC in low lock, low gear and walk next to it..Never got stuck it was a tank..Miss it still today

I have owned a Land Rover. Trust me when I tell you, you don't want one. Unreliable POS that was insanely expensive to have any work done on. I got it because of their reputation for toughness, but they have devolved into nothing more than a semi useless status symbol.

Even the old Defenders? I've heard they were fantastic. Here's a pic I took in Strasbourg France....man I wanted to bring one home!

Attachments

• Paris 2013 Strasborg 123.jpg
    Paris 2013 Strasborg 123.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 42
  • Paris 2013 Strasborg 124.jpg
    Paris 2013 Strasborg 124.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 41
View attachment 259593View attachment 259594

1986 pristine 28K miles Mioop CUCV Diesel 28 volt that'll climb a tree
I bought it from Towns county SO, they put new everything on it, just did a crappy job with the windowshading
still has troop seat and M4 rack in back amnd night driving lights if you have NV monocular or goggles

I wouldn't mind having that one and I don't even like GM products. Sweet rig.

Back
Top Bottom