• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I don’t understand the senate gun bills definition of a dealer?

Well, you would think ATF would put out some guidance if this changes anything as far as selling a firearm, especially to someone under 21. Can they still buy an AR? Who the F knows. I don't really know what any of it means. It doesn't look to me like it means much of anything other than a lot of hot air and funding for stuff that they hope the states will enact, like red flag laws.
Fire up the presses, they are handing out free money for nothing again. Look out inflation levels. Getting ready to see a major surge.

I haven't read the bill (new law, signed by the Prez) yet.

But if the above language is accurate, it WOULD apply to flippers.
That is, unless ATF decides to let it slide (for now, for the time being) as to small-scale flippers, especially those who buy used guns from private party sellers in the same state,
But the language here could be strictly construed and applied to a lot of the ODT regulars who buy guns, hold them a while, don't shoot them, and sell them for more money-- even exceeding the normal inflation rate. The "intent" of the buyer to acquire a gun just to flip it might be hard to discern at the time he GETS the gun, but by the time he SELLS it, the circumstances of how he used it (or didn't use it) and the circumstances of the SALE could supply the evidence needed to prove what his mindset was back then.
You are right in that it could be applied to flippers, but I think it's pretty unlikely that they would have the resources to go after someone that sold a Glock for a $50 profit unless there was some other factor involved. Something political like the Rittenhouse case.

On the flip side it would be dead easy to send an agent to every gun show and see who setup tables as private sellers. Document a few of these instances and it wouldn't be hard to prove intent to make a profit.

Under the old law they would have had to show you were intending to make a 'livelihood' out of this kind of activity, but this new law lowers the bar.

They still might not win in court, after all 'intent' is a hard thing to prove, but I don't think they would care that much since they could say they put a 'rogue gun dealer' out of business.

The intent of the new laws are not to discourage firearm sales or reduce crime. It is being done to get votes. And the ignorant & emotional masses will unfortunately reward them for it
I agree. I see absolutely nothing so far that will save a single life, much less "lives" as the Chief Bozo in charge claims.

The intent of the new laws are not to discourage firearm sales or reduce crime. It is being done to get votes. And the ignorant & emotional masses will unfortunately reward them for it
I was hopin' it was to protect the brotherhood from them evil profiteers hoardin' up all the supplies and good deals and then jamming it us! Damn!

I agree. I see absolutely nothing so far that will save a single life, much less "lives" as the Chief Bozo in charge claims.
Absolutely agree. Not a word in the bill that would save a single life.

Speaking from a lot of experience, when they extend the "red flag" law to girl friends and former girl friends, going to be a lot of BS going on.

Back
Top Bottom