• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Hunting season is almost over and my 300 BLK is going to be updated. Need some help....

that's sweet looking!!

quick question. I know those shorter barrels are fine for the 300BO round, but if you don't plan on suppressing it are there advantages to having a standard length (say a 18in) barrel? more velocity with longer barrel?

I been wanting to do a 300BO upper for awhile now, but my biggest fear is that I would never use my bolt guns again lol. last thing I would ever want to do is trade/sell off my gunsite haha!

If I wasn't planning on suppressing 300 Black I wouldn't bother with SBR. I would go 16" and not look back. I wouldn't mess with subsonic ammo either. I always get a kick out of the guys shooting subsonic ammo unsuppressed.

I've got 9.5" of suppressor, 8.5" of barrel and 10" Seekins Bar rail. I really like the extra rail length but wish the rail covered at least half of the suppressor.

I'm also really liking the LWRC Ultra Compact Stock. Without the suppressor the rifle is 24.5" long. I've not had any cycling issues with the standard weight buffer either supersonic or subsonic. There are aftermarket LWRC buffers but they are $$$.

FYI, you can get the whole setup now with the buffer for 130 bucks. I have been considering it.
https://www.lwrci.com/p-361-uciw-ultra-compact-stock.aspx

If I wasn't planning on suppressing 300 Black I wouldn't bother with SBR. I would go 16" and not look back. I wouldn't mess with subsonic ammo either. I always get a kick out of the guys shooting subsonic ammo unsuppressed.

ya I wasn't planning on SBR/suppressor or anything. just been eyeballing that 18in Wilson Combat 300BO barrel for a build lol. and for sure, subsonic ammo when you aint running a suppressor is pointless.

Yea its an interesting concept, the best way PDW's were explained to me is a soldier is alone and needs a do all weapon to fill all roles from short range, medium range, enough capacity to keep peoples heads down, and a pistol with the same ammo and/or mags so he only has to carry one type of ammo.

Well crap, we have acronyms for everything. Thanks, would have driven me crazy figuring that one out sitting here in the MD' s office.

The first time I heard the term PDW was in description of the MP5 PDW.

Last edited by a moderator:
that's sweet looking!!

quick question. I know those shorter barrels are fine for the 300BO round, but if you don't plan on suppressing it are there advantages to having a standard length (say a 18in) barrel? more velocity with longer barrel?

I been wanting to do a 300BO upper for awhile now, but my biggest fear is that I would never use my bolt guns again lol. last thing I would ever want to do is trade/sell off my gunsite haha!

[Broken External Image]:

Anything heavier than the 110 is going to start seeing marginal returns at an even faster rate. I wouldn't go longer than 16" IMO

Back
Top Bottom